Hypothesis proven wrong.......lol

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Default Hypothesis proven wrong.......lol

I always hated riding my quads and dirt bikes idn the raind, hurt....alot....... With my'05 6r, I hypothesized that ducking down would keedp me dry, WRONG! I work night shift and having lst night being my 4 hr shift to finish ou tmy 40 hr week. I didn't pay attention to the weather channel, taking my roomates word on it being clear til tuesday. About an hour before leaving the hospital a "Code Green" cam eacross..... Yep Tornado Warning.... Well I rode home anyway, bike handled better than could have been expectred, but yep, you WILL NOT stay dry, lol... I pulled into my garge absolutely soaked, except my back and a$$... Stupid I know, but i rode home on the interstate at 75+ and other than the feeling of pi$$ing myslef and the rain on my visor I wouldn't have known the difference..... How about the resdt of ya?!?

Old 07-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Default RE: Hypothesis proven wrong.......lol

hey man ive been there and done that.. when i was home my brother told me the weather was going to be nice and i started on an hour long voyage to my girlfriends house and about 25 minutes out from her place i got caught up in the rain,it handled beautifully though,i was impressed the only thing that made it so bad is my visor fogging up an ontop of that just wearing shorts and a cut off tee shirt,the rain hurts!! ...i stayed a strong 75mph as well.........but yeah i was totally socked

Old 07-22-2005, 10:05 PM

Ducking down only works to stay out of the wind...nothing else.

People forget that their knees are just behind vents, that are right behind the radiator, that's just behind the front tire. All that water from the front tire that gets kicked up has to go down this path....result, your still wet.

It was pretty nasty lastnight for me too, luckily the rain came early and dried out by the time I had to leave, but the wind was still blowing a bit strong!

Old 07-28-2005, 11:13 AM

when you say that it handles better than you thought it would, what do you mean? How did you expect it to handle? I live in Minnesota and ride my bike all spring, and summer long. rain or shine. doesn't bother me one bit. the only difference is that when it rains, before i go anywhere, I do a 20 sec burnout to get the tire nice and hot/sticky ( since you loose about 20% of traction do to colder temp and hydroplaning ) and maybe another burnout every 30 miles or so to be safe.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:49 PM

good idea, by the time you get where your going youll have a bald back tire. and thats when hydroplaining will really become an issue. id rather have a cold tire with tread to push the water out from the contact patches then be sliding around on a hot baldy.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:55 PM

and warming up JUST the center of the tire dont do a whole hell of a lot of good going around a curve or turning, where you would most likely loose it in the rain...

Old 07-29-2005, 12:13 AM

yup the best thing to do in the rain is make sure you have good tread on your tires and take those corners easy

Old 07-29-2005, 03:46 PM

personally i much rather NOT ride in the rain period, bc when i get home, all i can think about is how much of a bitch its gonna be to clean up.

Old 07-29-2005, 06:23 PM

lol yea but usualy id just park it in the garage give it a hose down and blow dry it with a leaf blower. everyonce in a while ill go out in the rain but its more getting stuck in the rain rather than deciding to go riding in the rain

Old 07-29-2005, 07:44 PM

wif u have access to a air tank, that works good as well, you can get into the cracks and stuff a little better

Quick Reply: Hypothesis proven wrong.......lol