General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

I NEED MORE POWER!!!! i think

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I NEED MORE POWER!!!! i think

good luck with that bro..

Old 07-28-2007, 04:06 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Crazy Chewy

Ok so the update goes as such...The bike is in the shop now getting everything tuned and broken down to find out what is going on hopefullly found a good mechanic...however just to throw this in the bike sucks off the line however pulls extremely hard after 80 mph any ideas? i think that sounds like the jet kit but still unsure.
Yup, fine tune that thing. It will bring a smile to your face when tuned! I do not have the '97 but my '90 will kick my 10r off in the first 60ft. But only goes (stock gearing, 156mph in 5th at PIR). The 7's are a stout ride.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:07 PM
1st Gear Member

ok quick update just got it out of the shop guy did not do much except a throttle cable adjustment however bike runs alot better ...buddy got a k and n 1 ttooth down sprocket and new clutch and i can hang with him now even when i have a passenger next step is it is going in for a valve adjustment and then i am gonna try to do the exhaust...next question...muzzy d&d or moto gp style i havee been able to find anything about performance for a moto gp any info would be great thanks again.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:01 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Right on CC, sounds like you are getting comfy with the ride (ie throttle response).Honestly, cannot give any remarks on the exhausts that you listed. I raced the stock exhaust but do have this still on the shelf. Never tried it, stock was good for me. Will tune the ride again when I try it.

Name:  exhaust002.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  11.7 KB

Old 08-15-2007, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

Right on CC, sounds like you are getting comfy with the ride (ie throttle response).Honestly, cannot give any remarks on the exhausts that you listed. I raced the stock exhaust but do have this still on the shelf. Never tried it, stock was good for me. Will tune the ride again when I try it.

Nice I need a replacement can for my 7, it has cosmetic damage and probably does not affect the performance but I would be happier with a new can.
I called Muzzy and asked them for a part number and the guy told me my bike was to old and they do not have any cans that would fit my race header. Its a 95 WTF. I tried again and got the same response, not sure if they want to sell one or not.
I have been looking for a used one but not putting to much effort into that either. Figure f-it she still runs good and fast so I will just have to live with it. Still do not understand Muzzy's response [>:]

Old 08-15-2007, 03:07 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

measure your inlet pipe and length NS. Yes, they are a pain. Actually bought mine I think it was in '99. they were closed mouthed in the '90's when they were a racing team. Heck, I bet that they may even give a person cam timings now a days.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:21 AM
1st Gear Member

although we have been able to get rid of the stutter my 7 still just not seem to have much power...I think we have adjusted the carbs 7+ times and I am still feeling like she is down on HP. I swear my bike was better before I had a dealership install the first jet kit. I guess I will have to break down one of these days and find a good dyno tuner.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

measure your inlet pipe and length NS. Yes, they are a pain. Actually bought mine I think it was in '99. they were closed mouthed in the '90's when they were a racing team. Heck, I bet that they may even give a person cam timings now a days.
hey that's only for the girls bro. lol
You got a line on any cans or you thinking about trying muzzy again? I am not sure why they would not have replacement cans for there product, its a full muzzy system for christ sakes.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:32 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

They have replacement cans. Technically not for my ancient ride, why the inlet dia. and the can length.

ie: your ancient ride should be covered.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:36 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

skg, I can still try to help out. But try degreeing the cams.

Quick Reply: I NEED MORE POWER!!!! i think