General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

I NEED MORE POWER!!!! i think

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I NEED MORE POWER!!!! i think

your 7 should be keeping up with 900's man. try rejetting it and setting the carbs and see how it runs.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Awesome I was hopeful it wasnt that big of a deal I have every intention of doing the most to this bike i can...my mechanic level is such I am an MECP technician which mean I know my **** in 12 volt electronics and I have been known to pick things up real fast so hopefully i save the money and get the exhaust and jets in asap. also was considering an ignition advancer i hear that is one of the best bangs for your buck upgrades is this true? and lastly I have one more prob. my buddy with the zzr 600 is planning on doing a turbo...does that justify having to do a 9r swap and turbo? I think it does but i would like a second opinion thanks again guys.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

sorry mmi for skipping over your comment a little more info is that as far as i know the gearing and everything is all stock however I bumped into this guy who said he was the original owner and he told me he did all this crazy stuff to it and said he made it an rr but he also had the muzzy system on it, now it has a sudco. lets say that all these things he said were done and the kid who i got the bike from put the sudco exhaust with what looks like a factory header would that substantiate tremendous loss in power?

Old 07-12-2007, 12:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Why would you turbo a zzr? I mean, I want my zzr to be as fast as possible too. But when it's not enough anymore I just plan on buying a new 10r. Why get a zzr in the first place if you need that much speed? Now that I have said that, I really want to see what a turbo zzr will do!

Old 07-12-2007, 02:31 AM
1st Gear Member

lol he really wants to get a 10r and cant afford it. supposedly he can get the tubo setup on for less than $1000 and supposedly it will do power wheelies at 90. however that will probably nopt happen for another two or three months but i will have him post vids and pics when it is done.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Enn it might subdue a power lose , not so much of where you would be killed by a zzr of that year, hmm you just have to do the jet kit and let us all know from there

Old 07-12-2007, 05:01 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Crazy Chewy

Awesome I was hopeful it wasnt that big of a deal I have every intention of doing the most to this bike i can...my mechanic level is such I am an MECP technician which mean I know my **** in 12 volt electronics and I have been known to pick things up real fast so hopefully i save the money and get the exhaust and jets in asap. also was considering an ignition advancer i hear that is one of the best bangs for your buck upgrades is this true? and lastly I have one more prob. my buddy with the zzr 600 is planning on doing a turbo...does that justify having to do a 9r swap and turbo? I think it does but i would like a second opinion thanks again guys.
Seriously though, I can peg the start with the 1100's of the day and still get into T1 before they could. (most of the time that is) The 7 is a great ride and needs tuned for your expectations.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:45 AM

+10 on the jets. Also- maybe eat a salad Just kidding! Whoop that trick!

Old 07-14-2007, 12:18 AM
1st Gear Member

lol ironically if have begun the best weight reduction kit ever lol i have lost 20 pounds since i started shooting to lose 40 more.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok so the update goes as such...The bike is in the shop now getting everything tuned and broken down to find out what is going on hopefullly found a good mechanic...however just to throw this in the bike sucks off the line however pulls extremely hard after 80 mph any ideas? i think that sounds like the jet kit but still unsure.

Quick Reply: I NEED MORE POWER!!!! i think