General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Class M licence

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Default RE: Class M licence

Since I did take the MSF and did pass the slow speed, I need to work on building confidence as a rider through practice. I know that I can do the slow speed stuff and I also know that I can cruise down a winding road with not much traffic. Next step is to get used to more traffic.
I know what you mean!! I've been getting used to the bike and breaking it in on back roads where there isn't much traffic, but have been slowly going out into busier streets. When you have doors and fenders, being so close to another car isn't that bad, but when you can "reach out and touch someone," boy is that another story!!

Old 05-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Class M licence

Tell me about it. My very first trip out, I had some moron tailgating me! I was nervous enough to begin with, without him on my a$#! Oh well, I lived through it. The weirdest things seem to be happening whenever I got out. The other day when I was out, I had to stop and let a couple of ducks cross the road.

I'm just going to take my time building my confidence - the summer is still young!

Old 05-14-2005, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Class M license

ORIGINAL: bluebird
My very first trip out, I hd some moron tailgating me! I was nervous enough to begin with, without him on my a$#! !
thats when a pocket full of marbles come in handy.. pull over and chuck one at the window as the ******* cager passes.... [:'(]

Old 05-15-2005, 06:22 PM

I had serious fears of traffic since I had never touched a bike before January 2005 and got my own in March 2005. I rode out in traffic last Sunday night with my bf. Again for a tiny bit Monday, but kinda got freaked out after stalling in traffic and went back to the house.

Tuesday I rode 17 miles one-way to work by myself and did fine. That night my bf crashed his R6 on a country road. Spent most of the rainy week taking care of him and his broken collarbone. I finally got time to ride by myself yesterday. It was the first time I was on my own, in traffic, with the knowledge that if I went down, my bf wasn't a phone call away to help me. Now that I've done it, I'm cool. He says I get into worse traffic than he wants to be in! LOL

Just took me almost two months to convince myself I had the skills to ride with the big cars.

Old 05-16-2005, 06:35 AM

That night my bf crashed his R6 on a country road. Spent most of the rainy week taking care of him and his broken collarbone.
Sorry to hear that Violet_Vixen

It was the first time I was on my own, in traffic,
Good for you, just keep riding and before you know it, it'll be like second nature.

Old 05-16-2005, 01:19 PM

Thanks Remo. He'll be fine . . . we're actually crossing our fingers that he might have bent the forks. Crazy? Nah. We'll replace the 6 with an R1 if it's totaled. Headed to the orthopedic surgeon this week to find out more since it's hurting worse now than it did when he broke it.

Old 05-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: onewheel

ORIGINAL: bluebird
My very first trip out, I hd some moron tailgating me! I was nervous enough to begin with, without him on my a$#! !
thats when a pocket full of marbles come in handy.. pull over and chuck one at the window as the ******* cager passes.... [:'(]
[sm=lildevil.gif] - why didn't I think of that!!!!

Old 05-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Violet_Vixen, glad to hear that you're getting more comfortable out in traffic! Glad to hear your bf is alright.