General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Zx7/ no spark

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 07:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Well it's at the shop, 🤦🏻‍♂️... I'll keep ya updated.

Old 04-17-2021, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Well it seems I had compression but only 60 PSI ...rings so I'm going to break it down myself and just replace the rings being I could not find a full rebuild kit online nowhere for less than 700 bucks well excuse me I couldn't find a full rebuild kit online anywhere but parting it out piece by piece the kit will cost me about 700 bucks so I'm just going to bring it home drop the motor and change the rings only the rings on the piston so I will be seeing a lot more of you guys I'm sure when I get ready to put this guy back together but in the meantime guess what my old ninja 650r en650r I sold a while back got stolen from the guy sold it to you he never took it to the proper registration place and got it registered in his name so the tow yard send me a letter the other day saying they had my bike I went and picked it up today for 300 bucks but it has no tank being fuel injected bike I need a tank with a fuel pump anybody have one for sale point me in the right direction but back to my ZX7 yes not enough compression all right guys thanks for your help

Old 04-17-2021, 07:38 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Datboy478
Well it seems I had compression but only 60 PSI ...rings so I'm going to break it down myself and just replace the rings being I could not find a full rebuild kit online nowhere for less than 700 bucks well excuse me I couldn't find a full rebuild kit online anywhere but parting it out piece by piece the kit will cost me about 700 bucks so I'm just going to bring it home drop the motor and change the rings only the rings on the piston so I will be seeing a lot more of you guys I'm sure when I get ready to put this guy back together but in the meantime guess what my old ninja 650r en650r I sold a while back got stolen from the guy sold it to you he never took it to the proper registration place and got it registered in his name so the tow yard send me a letter the other day saying they had my bike I went and picked it up today for 300 bucks but it has no tank being fuel injected bike I need a tank with a fuel pump anybody have one for sale point me in the right direction but back to my ZX7 yes not enough compression all right guys thanks for your help
A top end refresh is simple enough. Take a lot of pictures on your tear down. Any piston damage, cylinder head valve or cylinder cross hatch wear.....timing chain worn out or not adjusted correctly because of a bad tensioner......