General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Motorcyle crashes in your area

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 11:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Motorcycle Crash Kills 1, Injures Another
Posted: 9:47 am EDT June 20, 2009
Updated: 11:57 am EDT June 20, 2009

SPRING VALLEY TWP, Ohio -- Xenia State Highway Patrol officials are investigating a fatal motorcycle crash that happened around 1 a.m. Saturday on Richland road east of US 42 in Spring Valley Township.

Troopers said Jason C. Baker, 35, of Xenia was driving his motorcycle eastbound on Richland Road when he missed a curve and drove off the right side of the road hitting a fence post.

His passenger, Melissa Beam, 27, of Xenia, was pronounced dead at Miami Valley Hospital.

Jason Baker was taken to Greene Memorial, where his condition is unknown.

Neither were wearing helmets at the time of the crash.

The crash remains under investigation.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14
This is certainly a depressing thread.......no offence!
Non taken, but I think this thread serves as grim reminder to all of us, who love and defend the sport. Wear your gear and don't ride beyond your skill level.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Text SizeAAAPassenger Falls Off Cycle On I-75
Steve Baker, Northern Bureau Chief
Posted: 9:57 pm EDT June 24, 2009
Updated: 8:55 am EDT June 25, 2009

SHELBY COUNTY, Ohio -- A female passenger on a motorcycle is being treated at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton after falling off the bike while northbound on Interstate 75 just north of Sidney at mile marker 93.

The victim, Alexis Wildermuth, 24, of Sidney, was taken to Wilson Memorial Hospital and then flown aboard Careflight to Miami Valley Hospital. She suffered head and leg injuries.

Investigators said Wildermuth was not wearing a helmet.

Sgt. Paul Weber of the Piqua Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol said the operator of the motorcycle, Paul Webster, 27, of Sidney, accelerated quickly, causing Wildermuth to fall off the back of the bike.

Troopers said Webster fled the scene and was caught a short time later at his home and was arrested.

Webster was charged with driving with a suspended license, fleeing the scene of an accident and aggravated vehicular assault. He is being held in the Shelby County Jail.

Troopers said they believe that speed and alcohol were a factor in the incident.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

A motorcyclist was killed this evening in a collision with a hit-and-run driver west of Gilroy in unincorporated Santa Clara County, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The motorcycle and a white 1995 Nissan pickup truck collided shortly before 6 p.m. in the area of Watsonville and Redwood Retreat roads, a CHP dispatcher said.

The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.

The truck, which was pulling a trailer filled with gardening equipment, had a California license plate No. 7F91694, according to the dispatcher.

Copyright © 2009 by Bay City News, Inc. "... republication, re-transmission or reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

MARTINEZ (BCN) -- A motorcyclist who was killed in a crash on state Highway 4 near Concord Monday night has been identified as 18-year-old Martinez resident Joseph Scalise, a Contra Costa County deputy coroner said today.

The crash happened at about 11:15 p.m. on westbound Highway 4 just east of the junction with Interstate Highway 680 between Martinez and Concord, CHP Officer Mike Wright said.

Witnesses told investigators that Scalise had been traveling in the left lane at an extremely high rate of speed when he entered a gradual curve in the road and lost control of his motorcycle, a 1981 Yamaha, Wright said.

The motorcycle veered across all lanes of traffic and onto the dirt median, where Scalise was ejected from the bike.

The motorcycle, meanwhile, continued sliding several hundred feet down the roadway and then burst into flames, Wright said.

Scalise was pronounced dead at the scene.

The crash was initially reported as a multi-vehicle crash, but Wright said today it appears that several witnesses stopped when they saw what happened but were not actually involved in the crash.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

The California Highway Patrol has reopened a major onramp to Interstate 880 in San Leandro after a motorcycle collision forced its closure late Friday night, a CHP officer said.

Units responded to a collision reported at around 11:30 p.m. on the Washington Avenue on-ramp to southbound Highway 880, CHP Officer Nicole Pacheco said.

Preliminary reports indicate that a motorcycle was involved in a solo-vehicle collision, Pacheco said. The motorcycle driver has been injured, though the extent of injuries was not immediately available.

A Sig-alert was issued at 11:36 a.m. and canceled when lanes fully reopened at about 12:30 a.m. this morning.

The crash is under investigation.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

FATAL TRAFFIC COLLISION, June 16, 2009
Posted on 17 June 2009
At 7:30p.m a vehicle proceeding westbound on 16th St near Utah St., struck a motorcycle driver while turning into a driveway mid-block. The victim, a 25 year- old male who was not a San Francisco resident was pronounced dead at San Francisco General Hospital. Police believe this to be a non- criminal event and no arrests were made at the scene. The name of the motorcyclist will not be made public until family have been notified.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

thats just the last week or so. must i go on??

Old 06-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I ALWAYS wear my helmet, a jacket with hard armor/back protector, and boots (with jeans, usually) when I ride on the street. Maybe I've been very lucky, or vigilant, or both, but some of these stories I just have to wonder. Obviously you can't always duck airborne cars, but if you PLAN on people doing stupid things (i.e. always approach the ride with a "what's the worst case at this moment" continually, and leave yourself an escape route) you will avoid 90% of stupid human acts. People get killed riding motorcycles because they THINK like they're driving a car! That's not good enough if you want to survive.
My 2cents.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Hell Yea !! life flight thats what i will we be doing soon

but yea that sucks! unattentive drivers

Quick Reply: Motorcyle crashes in your area