General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

im a wuss....

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 12:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Everyone has some great points. Just getting comfy with riding and the bike will help. On my VN500 the wind at 55mph was fine but 60mph was a whole different experience! The bike is like shy of 500lbs but the wind was almost unbearable. I finally got a small police harley replica shield and it was phenomenal after that. I could cruise with the bigger bikes on the freeway at 70mph no problem. If you don't have a fairing or shield I recommend it, personally.

Old 10-19-2008, 12:55 AM
1st Gear Member

got people talking and helping, got you angry enough to keep riding, mission accomplished

that was a good answer from the 636 chick

Old 10-20-2008, 01:37 AM
1st Gear Member

well, today i got grease under my nails and did changed some things up. I took my speedometer and tach off and found something out in the shed to mount those on and i can also later on put a neutral light and some blinker lights on it as well. I took the blinkers off the handle bars and drilled a hole in the sides were my head light is, found some blinker things in the shed too and so those are stuck out on the side where they can be seen better and they are not on my handle bars. I think my husband was getting turned on watching me work. After i fixed that we went riding for about 2 hrs? i have to say that just switching those around a bit made a difference in how the bike handled. much better. just thought id share. it will probably be my last post for a while.

Last edited by randaroo; 11-07-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:29 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I think my husband was getting a chub watching me work.
Nothin' like seeing a common interest in the shop. Congrats on the rides handling.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by chik636rydr
randaroo... some advice

Guys are dicks..

i'm here to help.. we're not all pieces of ****..lol

Old 10-20-2008, 09:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by chik636rydr
Guys are dicks.. !
Nothing like a sweeping generalisation to encourage all the experienced guys here to help with practical riding advice. Not much of that in your post, by the way.

Being offensive to the majority of the riding population won't improve anyone's skills or confidence. Some women are uptight bitches.

Randaroo - don't ride without gloves, or without boots that cover the ankles - both areas are very vulnerable to the very slowest fall. Losing even small amounts of skin hurts - a lot. As a woman wanting to become a hot biker chick, you may also find that a degree of scarring that most men don't worry about wil be unacceptable to yourself.

Rob

Old 10-20-2008, 12:23 PM
1st Gear Member

wahhhh wahhh wahh ... someone needs to put their diapers on if they were offended by me calling guys dicks. Guys make the same generalizations about women. You don't see me getting my panties in a wadd?????

Old 10-20-2008, 11:23 PM
1st Gear Member

what do u mean? guys don't generalize, we love all shapes n sizes of women

Old 10-21-2008, 04:24 AM
1st Gear Member

lmao jeff..

i don't think we're bitching and crying.. well, maybe a tiny bit.. lol.. i'm not an ******* or a dick, nor a taint, vagina or strap-on. i'm just your friendly local biker guy who likes helping ppl out in a non-biased, non-sexist tone and way.. just wanted to say we're not ALL dicks.. i'm not gonna cry or jump your *** about it. you're entitled to your opinion! we all are.. just my $.002

Old 10-21-2008, 12:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Have ya'll saw Team America World Police? They say someting like .... "****** are like ********, they get F*** by dicks. But regardless you get f***** by an *******" or some bs like that. Its hilarious!