General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

I hate ignorant Harley riders! (Rant)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I hate ignorant Harley riders! (Rant)

ORIGINAL: nemo636

Considering all the $30K harleys with paper plates still on around here, I giggle when they don't wave back. Or I'll be an *** and put my hand on my hip. F'k 'em!
funny,

I have ridden down the toll road on the 91 with my throttle locked and just sitting up; I could wave with both hands then.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ditto i wave at everyone.
ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

True that Lemac.....

Same thing here. I wave at everybody. Most every one here waves back. Usuallly there are more sport bikes that do not wave back then there are HD's....

But, who cares. Wave back or no wave back....Most people who do not wave back are just weekend riders anyway. They have no idea what being a biker is about.

Yep, I wave at evil knievels, scooters, mopeds, sports, duals, HD's..... If it's got two wheels it's kick a$$..... It's the rider, not the ride.

Old 10-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I even wave to guys on Sports Bikes...LOL bwahahahahahhahahahahahah just checking to see if you guys are awake. In all seriousness I wave to everyone, and once in a while a guy on a certain type of bike doesn't wave, but you know that's OK, chances are they are just passing through town anyway. Sometimes when I see a bike I'll wait to see if they wave first, but then I thought to my self, what if both riders were waiting for the other to wave first? LOL that won't work. Kind of like your car lights on high beam, you wait out the other guy and you both go blind One guy that I knew said you should always flip your light down to low beam, because at least one of you should see where you're going LOL

Old 10-14-2006, 08:59 PM

i dont wave at cops around hear thay might think i am being a smart *** and come and get me but everyone els i do

Old 10-14-2006, 10:56 PM
1st Gear Member

I wave to everyone and I still do the new-B wave when I am in a really good mood...it's just fun to see the reactions of the other rider. I love when the sportbike guys who do wheelies for me...hehe thats always fun. Being a chick on a bike is fun I get love from most everyone. There is this one mc cop he got me with radar, on a street I frequent, I always waved at this guy but he still gave me a ticket. I fought the ticket and it got dismissed cause he was a no show. Now I have to ride extra careful because I see him at least once a week I know he is gonna try and get me...its kinda funny cause I am always dodging this guy.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my98_500r

Notice I said the IGNORANT ones, I know not all Harley riders are ignorant. I just got my rear rim in today from a guy off Ebay, looked great, so I took it and the new tire I bought to the dealer to get it mounted. Got home and my 12 YO son and I proceded to change it out. We knew we had it lined up exact so we proceded to go for a ride, and not a half of a block onto the main road in my little town and here comes about 6-8 guys on Harleys, not ONE of them waved, but a couple had to give me the smart *** rev like they were better than me for being on a crotch rocket. I swear to god when my settlement for being injured at work comes in Im going to buy the ****in fastest Kawi in production, and be a smart *** to everyone of them IGNORANT Harley guys. ~RANT OVER~[:@]

I just got back from a short cruize and witnessed something similar. Group of riders going the opposite way, one of them would blip the throttle as I waived. So could be that each translation could be different. I took the throttle blipping as a sign of a waive. Then again he did waive back.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

ORIGINAL: my98_500r

Notice I said the IGNORANT ones, I know not all Harley riders are ignorant. I just got my rear rim in today from a guy off Ebay, looked great, so I took it and the new tire I bought to the dealer to get it mounted. Got home and my 12 YO son and I proceded to change it out. We knew we had it lined up exact so we proceded to go for a ride, and not a half of a block onto the main road in my little town and here comes about 6-8 guys on Harleys, not ONE of them waved, but a couple had to give me the smart *** rev like they were better than me for being on a crotch rocket. I swear to god when my settlement for being injured at work comes in Im going to buy the ****in fastest Kawi in production, and be a smart *** to everyone of them IGNORANT Harley guys. ~RANT OVER~[:@]

I just got back from a short cruize and witnessed something similar. Group of riders going the opposite way, one of them would blip the throttle as I waived. So could be that each translation could be different. I took the throttle blipping as a sign of a waive. Then again he did waive back.

could be, but in my case they seen me wave and I know they did the rev to be smart-asses. But oh well, not all of them are like that.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Ha Ha Ha, then just allow that group or individual to be smart -asses then. This is cool. I know what ya mean.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:08 AM

It's gotten to the point arouind here that I don't wave until they do. The worst are the Vagos and any other dirt bag type MC rider.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:23 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Um, welcome, and I'm sorry?

Quick Reply: I hate ignorant Harley riders! (Rant)