General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

I hate ignorant Harley riders! (Rant)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I hate ignorant Harley riders! (Rant)

I waived at a dude on a scooter and he nearly fell of his bike he was so surprised when he waived back. I just figured he so rarely gets waived at he wasn't expectiing it. I figure two wheels is two wheels - I waive at everyone, if they don't waive back, that's their problem, not mine.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:30 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

I waived at a dude on a scooter and he nearly fell of his bike he was so surprised when he waived back. I just figured he so rarely gets waived at he wasn't expectiing it. I figure two wheels is two wheels - I waive at everyone, if they don't waive back, that's their problem, not mine.

That was way funny, made me LOL!!!

I too try 2 do the same, I had this harley dude wave at me today, I waved back, then same with a guy on a sports bike.... but then on my way home 2 guys on sports bikes passed me and nothing from them.... so you never know who will and who won't!!!

Old 10-08-2006, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Well he said ignorant ones and I say F-um if they want to be dicks. To all others I got nothing but love, in a none fagot way of course
+1 NS

Yeah I wave at everyone and if they dont wave back ehh who cares they are the ones who look like a$$holes.

Old 10-08-2006, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Thats why I allways start with the two finger wave... so if they dont wave All I have to do is drop on finger and leave em whats left lol...
Hey who hear waves at motorcycle cops... lol sounds funny but when I told some other riders around here they where like wtf dude your crazy. I dont seem to understand where they are coming from with that. In fact as I was riding around town a M/C cope pulled up nexted to me so I looked at him and raised my visor for some freindly chat..... We need to get over that them vs. us standpoint

Old 10-08-2006, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

True that Lemac.....

Same thing here. I wave at everybody. Most every one here waves back. Usuallly there are more sport bikes that do not wave back then there are HD's....

But, who cares. Wave back or no wave back....Most people who do not wave back are just weekend riders anyway. They have no idea what being a biker is about.

Yep, I wave at evil knievels, scooters, mopeds, sports, duals, HD's..... If it's got two wheels it's kick a$$..... It's the rider, not the ride.

Old 10-08-2006, 03:20 AM
1st Gear Member

well if you say wave at 5.0, then wave at 5.0 it is!!!
I'm all for it, some of them are diks and they screw things up for the good guys.... I have meet a few very good cops im my days!!!

As well as some a$$holes.... but that's life......

Old 10-08-2006, 03:50 AM
1st Gear Member

It's more arrogance over ignorance. Harley riders have a certain image they think they need to live up to. This arrogant behavior just multiplies when Harley guys are in groups. Never expect a group of Harley guys to act nice and wave. It's a front they have to put on in order not to look "weak" or "nice" by the other riders in the group. I can almost guarantee that if all the riders in that group were alone, they would have waved if you waved first.

But then again, there are those dicks that won't return a kind gesture. Then it's the middle finger for them!

Old 10-08-2006, 09:10 AM
1st Gear Member

No bull**** I always wave to cops. I swear to god it's the funniest thing you can do on your bike next to being caught checking your suspension with a loved one (or loved for the night one )

You're speeding (not TOO much), you wave to a MC cop going the other direction, result: he smiles and waves back. Almost as if he's glad to be acknowledged on the road with you.

You're ALMOST going to open throttle when you see that little glimmer in a corner of the road that means one thing: radar cop. You wave. They get out from under their eyepiece, and wave... pissed that you saw them and arn't taking off from the intersection. Hilarity Ensues.

A cop car pulls up next to you waiting for a light. You wave. They eyeball you. As you take off nice and easy they get behind you and run your plates. Dicks.

Least favorite is pulling up to a local gas station where they hang out (by they I mean about 4-5 police vehicles). You park, and there's always someone walking around your bike. Yes if you keep looking you'll find my DOT rear turn signals... somewhere... just keep looking...

Old 10-08-2006, 02:16 PM

well too me it wasnt the fact they didnt wave so much as that smart *** rev they gave me, like they were better than me.

Old 10-08-2006, 07:03 PM

Even though they might not wave back they sure will thank you when you pull over with your tire plug kit and fix their tire when they are off on the side of the road or help them push their crippled bike off into the woods so it don't get stolen before the dealer can pick it up. I am glad to see this conversation here. Coming from a cruiser and tourer background we notice the same thing with a large group of HD riders also. I like most wave at anyone cops and vespas included. Once in Albuquerque I stopped on the left hand shoulder to try to see in I could help a broken down bike that had stopped on the shoulder. By the time I got cross the lanes of traffic and came to a stop I noticed it was a MC Cop who had just given another rider a ticket. Smiled and explained what I had done we got a laugh nd he assured me he was fine.
Ride Safe
Glen

Quick Reply: I hate ignorant Harley riders! (Rant)