General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

DYNO/NIGHT!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Default DYNO/NIGHT!

Well it was actually this afternoon but that soundz sooo much cooler huh!?!

Check it out I went to Cycle Werkz in Ft Worth to get my bike Dyno'd this afternoon and they charge 25 bux to do a dyno run so I figured what the hell throw it up on the rack and run the hell out of her (I hate dynoing my bike). So I start asking them what they think she'z gonna make and they're all like 160. I was like WTF! THATS IT! SO then I told them if my bike don't make at least 165 I wasn't pay'n them their 25 bux So they better make some crap up for me Any way they ran the LIVING CRAP out of her and lets just say she beat out their 160 all on stock engine and a pipe. Check out my Dyno, its pretty good for what I'm running. Its also running a lil lean but thats just cuz I don't have it mapped right. Scott up at Cycle Werkz said he would tune me a custom map for 2 bills. He'z probably one of the best Mechanics in FTW. I just don't know if 2 bills is too much or what??? Anywayz I got a good solid baseline for this engine to work up from.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...rtz/BadAss.jpg

Old 01-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Default RE: DYNO/NIGHT!

That 163 was the average of the three runs. My highest was 164.85 and that was the 3rd run. My lowest was the first run of 162.

Old 01-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

not bad at all... i would like to see what my bike does before and after the mods....

Old 01-20-2006, 06:47 PM

Ya I'm happy with it.....Is that your ZX-6 in your profile? If so what mods are you doing to it. Looks like a track bike.

Old 01-20-2006, 07:08 PM

Did the Dyno once w/ my old SV1000s ....1st time,Bone stock....103 rwhp
and 56 ft lbs of torque @ 6300rpm.... 2nd time w/ power commander, 105.5
rwhp w/ 59 ft lbs of torque @ 6450 rpm 3rd time w/ all the mods including
a supercharger,Ramair intakes,Yosh pipes and a 110 octane fuel did an imp-
ressive 146.5 rwhp at 6600rpm w/ a torque of 87.5 ft lbs..... Did an open
road run w/ a top speed @ 192.6 mph..... Sold the bike two weeks later..

Old 01-22-2006, 03:25 AM

ORIGINAL: MIPLAYSTATION

Did the Dyno once w/ my old SV1000s ....1st time,Bone stock....103 rwhp
and 56 ft lbs of torque @ 6300rpm.... 2nd time w/ power commander, 105.5
rwhp w/ 59 ft lbs of torque @ 6450 rpm 3rd time w/ all the mods including
a supercharger,Ramair intakes,Yosh pipes and a 110 octane fuel did an imp-
ressive 146.5 rwhp at 6600rpm w/ a torque of 87.5 ft lbs..... Did an open
road run w/ a top speed @ 192.6 mph..... Sold the bike two weeks later..
You must have got one helluva deal....After all that work to just sell it. What kinda bike did you get next?

Old 01-22-2006, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: speedfreqz

Ya I'm happy with it.....Is that your ZX-6 in your profile? If so what mods are you doing to it. Looks like a track bike.
well thanks bro,ya i've done alot of mods on the bike.... first off i redone the front end.... i wanted to go with wooden chop sticks for forks, but i figured the ride would get alittle soggy in the rain.... so i spent the extra 2 dollar for the plastic one.... best 2 dollars i've ever spent..... i've changed out the tires, i used to use ritz but they kept breaking down too fast and i didn't get too much traction... so i switch over to donuts.... way better.... and i took out the stock exhuast and installed a slip-on straw... man talk about loud....[:@] anyway the bike is still pretty much stock... i done sum facial changes but as far as performance, i'm still waiting on my taxes to come back....[:'(]

Old 01-22-2006, 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

well thanks bro,ya i've done alot of mods on the bike.... first off i redone the front end.... i wanted to go with wooden chop sticks for forks, but i figured the ride would get alittle soggy in the rain.... so i spent the extra 2 dollar for the plastic one.... best 2 dollars i've ever spent..... i've changed out the tires, i used to use ritz but they kept breaking down too fast and i didn't get too much traction... so i switch over to donuts.... way better.... and i took out the stock exhuast and installed a slip-on straw... man talk about loud....[:@] anyway the bike is still pretty much stock... i done sum facial changes but as far as performance, i'm still waiting on my taxes to come back....[:'(]
Bro your crazy as hellHaHaHaHa! Damn with tires like that your just asking to get pulled overHAaHaHAHa.......I'm just guessing that is you and your bike as your signature??? Looks clean from here. I really wanna trade my bike up for a '04-'05 ZX-10 and start workin the track. I've never had the chance yet to do so............

Old 01-23-2006, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

Bro your crazy as hellHaHaHaHa! Damn with tires like that your just asking to get pulled overHAaHaHAHa.......I'm just guessing that is you and your bike as your signature??? Looks clean from here. I really wanna trade my bike up for a '04-'05 ZX-10 and start workin the track. I've never had the chance yet to do so............
oh that pic... thats tommy hayden.... acting as me.... lol lol lol ya i wish....

Old 01-25-2006, 06:06 AM

oh that pic... thats tommy hayden.... acting as me.... lol lol lol ya i wish....
HaHaHaHA! I shoulda known