General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Does anyone know anything about Ramp King?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 04:07 AM
Default Does anyone know anything about Ramp King?

I am looking at a Ramp King motorcycle carrier but for the life of me cannot find any reviews about ANY Ramp King products.

I just bought my first bike. It's a 1980 Kawasaki 440LTD. Along with all the gear I've spent a lot and am trying to keep prices on other accessories down

I have been researching ramps and have found so far that channel ramps seem to be better quality (correct me if I'm mistaken) and have found an aluminum one by this company for $190 but no reviews.

So, are these quality carriers? If not could you suggest one around this price?

Thanks from a motorcycle newbie

Old 03-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. Do you have a link to one you are looking at? Usually nearly any product can be found on Amazon with lots of reviews. If I knew what you were looking at I could help find reviews. Are you looking for a ramp or a carrier?

Old 03-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

No reviews on Amazon, and I can't even find a video on youtube. Hmmmmm

Old 03-22-2013, 09:52 PM

Yes I am usually good at finding this kind of stuff but this one no luck. It looks like a quality build from the pics. I went ahead and ordered it from amazon. Should be here middle of next week and I'll review for anyone else that stumbles across this brand. I can also upload some detailed pics if there's not some limitation for new members :-)

Old 03-31-2013, 10:20 PM

Ok, so here are the first few pictures.

First off when spending $200 they should make sure that the product is undamaged. No, the scratches, dust, and spots of surface rust don't effect functionality, but I didn't pay for a damaged product.

Second, it was missing a nut for the ring bolts (tie down points). Not a big deal, I have plenty in the garage, but I paid for the hardware.

Third, when tightening up the bolts, I could feel the steel tubes collapsing in. I may have a tendency to over tighten sometimes but at the least they could have provided some sleeves to go in the open ends of tubes for the bolts to slide through to help with this.

Fourth, It would be nice if the tubing was welded together rather than relying on bolts. I could not get a hold of the company for the answer to this particular question prior to purchase so I risked it.

Overall, I am not happy with this company. I would not recommend this product. I may have a buddy do a bit of welding and add in those bolt sleeves I mentioned to see if that makes it feel anymore secure. I have yet to put my bike on it, I'll probably do that later today and I'll upload some more pics of the underside assembly so anyone else can see if they'd want to try this out. I might just keep the aluminum rail and ramp and have a friend build the rest.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:42 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ouch, place some flat washers under the bolt heads while you are at it. Helps spread the bolt pressure on the aluminum sheet better.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:18 AM

Thanks, I usually do. But I decided to build and review based on the hardware they ship with the product. I don't think I'd trust it as is to hold my bike.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:32 PM
Default ramp king

don't try to get a return or send a return back you will end up paying for it yourself and ramp king will make you wait for money if you get it back.they are not courteous or easy people to work with. their contact number is
512-772-2600 located at 9603 brown lane STE.E AUSTON TEXAS 78754 TRY CALLING THEM AND YOU WILL GET ANVOICE MAIL.TO GET A RESPONSE YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL THE STATE ATTORNEY'S OFFICE IN AUSTIN,TEXAS.DON'T DEAL WITH THEM PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!