New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Was lurking, now a member

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Default RE: Was lurking, now a member

ORIGINAL: Banzai

The helmet reference is probably for the type of helmet that is a full face, but the front half of the helmet flips up, not just the face shield. BMW makes that type, I think there are others. If you email the track site I'm sure they will confirm.

Too bad mortgage companies aren't more understanding, I know how you feel. Don't sacrafice the tire or the gear, along with suspension they are the most important pieces of a fun and successful track day.
Yeah, I'll have to confirm with them on the helmet. It is full face, but the front halfflips up - hinges at the point the face shield attaches, and the chin portion comes up too. It locks in the down position, but.....

I figure it's not likely to be a real regular thing for me, so I want to do it right. Plus if I'm going to be 'expanding my horizons' on the bike, and getting closer to the edge, so to speak, I should take the extra time/effort to make sure the equipment is as good as it can be. I've seen some racing on Road Atlanta, and there's no doubt the chicken strips will get a lot smaller!!