New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Was lurking, now a member

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Was lurking, now a member

ORIGINAL: Banzai

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

thats great, another fellow member in california.. woo hoo......... i live in Marin which is 20 moiles north of san francisco...

I know exactly where Marin is, very nice area. When I lived in Monterey I used to go through Marin on my way to Sears Point Raceway.
yes wonderful place. too expensive to live here though. but very beautiful.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Yea I was, nice to hear that we are getting some more California menbers. What tracks are you ridding up there? I have been going to Fontana and running the AMA course. I love it, found a new addiction for sure.

Petzzr here is a link to help you set the sag on your bike. http://www.gostar-racing.com/club/mo...ion_set-up.htm

Old 09-15-2005, 07:46 PM

Mad Kaw,

I lived in Monterey County for 23+ years and left because it was too expensive, yet it is also very beautiful!

NotStock,

I primarily ride at Thunder Hill but also have many mile on Laguna Seca, Sears Point (Infenion Raceway) Willow Springs, (the big track) and am going to try out Reno Fernley very soon. A track you may want to try is in Pahrump Nevada. I had a great time there. Also, other fun tracks are the Streets of Willow and Button willow near Bakersfield.

Old 09-15-2005, 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Petzzr here is a link to help you set the sag on your bike. http://www.gostar-racing.com/club/mo...ion_set-up.htm

Great, that's awesome!! Based on Banzai's recommendation I found another page with similar info, but this sems to be written assuming less prior knowledge, which fits me better!! Plus it was a Brit who wrote it, so I'll understand it better

Thanks a ton!! This is exactly why I'm on this site!!

Old 09-16-2005, 07:26 AM

Thanks Banzai, I've set sag & preload. Must be spring that is to stiff. Been playing with rebound & dampening. Still some roads we ride will jolt the back real bad. Guess I'll have to talk the better half into letting me get some shocks.

Old 10-02-2005, 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: petezzr
Pete, make sure you get your suspension set up properly for your track day. Sometimes there is someone there who will help out, it's worth it to check into it. Have fun and give us a report.
I will...now I just gotta get the scratch to get the front tire replaced....but it's gonna be FUN!!!!

Did you ever get your tire? what did you buy? November is coming!

Old 10-03-2005, 06:55 AM

Mad Kaw,

I lived in Monterey County for 23+ years and left because it was too expensive, yet it is also very beautiful!

NotStock,

I primarily ride at Thunder Hill but also have many mile on Laguna Seca, Sears Point (Infenion Raceway) Willow Springs, (the big track) and am going to try out Reno Fernley very soon. A track you may want to try is in Pahrump Nevada. I had a great time there. Also, other fun tracks are the Streets of Willow and Button willow near Bakersfield.

I live in Dallas, TX but I moved here from Pahrump, NV. Just weird to see someone talk about my old small little desert town. By the way nice bikes and pics.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:34 AM

Hefty,
Thanks for the compliments. I really liked Pahrump, the track was very challenging. Besides, any place with hookers, gambling & booze is alright in my book.

Old 10-03-2005, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: petezzr
Pete, make sure you get your suspension set up properly for your track day. Sometimes there is someone there who will help out, it's worth it to check into it. Have fun and give us a report.
I will...now I just gotta get the scratch to get the front tire replaced....but it's gonna be FUN!!!!

Did you ever get your tire? what did you buy? November is coming!
Yeah, tell me about it!!! Not yet, the mortgage people are funny about getting their money on time, but there's still hope...as I said to my Dad, though, the track ain't going anywhere, and I'd rather wait until the bike was fully ready then take any chances. I don't have full gear myself yet (I wear jeans and a leather bike jacket, gloves and boots whenever I ride, but it's not a 'suit' like I want for the track), but my neighbor told me I can use his gear when I go, so all I need is the tire and the time and a friend to help with suspension settings....Also, on the website they say you can't use a flip face shield, does that mean my HJC Symax is no good for the track (I knew I had another ?). It's a full face, but flips up.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:18 PM

The helmet reference is probably for the type of helmet that is a full face, but the front half of the helmet flips up, not just the face shield. BMW makes that type, I think there are others. If you email the track site I'm sure they will confirm.

Too bad mortgage companies aren't more understanding, I know how you feel. Don't sacrafice the tire or the gear, along with suspension they are the most important pieces of a fun and successful track day.

Quick Reply: Was lurking, now a member