Undertail

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Default Undertail

Does anyone know of any links that would have a nice looking undertail for a 2007 zzr-600?

I was also woundering if anyone knows if undertails are hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:50 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Undertail

Hotbodies...but they are expensive.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I was looking around google for an undertail exhaust for a ZZR. In my search, I found a letter on the ZZR forum written to Hot Bodies, thanking them for making the kit. It's pretty brutal.

Thank you Hot Bodies Racing!

I just wanted to drop you a line to thank you for making the under tail for my 2007 ZX14, and to inquire as to whether you had any openings in your engineering department. Actually, after installing your product on my bike, or at least attempting to, I’ve determined that your engineering department is grossly understaffed if not non existent entirely. Now, I’m sure you have *someone* on your staff with the title of “Engineer” but giving your neighbor’s twelve year old son a stack of cocktail napkins and a box of Crayola’s doesn’t really make him an engineer. I mean sure, he can probably draw a heck of a turkey around thanksgiving, tracing his good hand and not the one he eats the glue with, but let’s face facts……the kid can’t design an undertail to save his A.D.D. afflicted butt. Don’t get me wrong, I encourage and support companies that hire the handicapped but to have a retard in Design, another in Design Review and yet a third as Quality Control Manager might be a bit much, don’t you think? I mean, maybe your firm could put one non-waterhead somewhere in the production process to keep products that don’t fit from reaching consumers like me? Maybe?

Anyway, after screwing around with this piece of crap for over three hours I finally gave up. In the process of trying to install the product I managed to scratch it not once, not twice, not even three times but it has scratches in five different places. Oh, and my bike? It also picked up a few scratches while trying to bolt this one-pound turd onto my machine. As I type this my bike still does not have an undertail and I’ll probably order a fender eliminator tomorrow from a reputable manufacturer that I can trust to make a product that has spent some time in Research and Development. No, letting Special Tommy in room 307 drool on a piece of blue plastic for 30 minutes does not constitute Research ad Development….but you guys get an A for effort! Er, sorry about that…..you actually get an F categorically.

Oh, by the way, I would return this piece of overpriced crap but I decided that it wasn’t worth the postage necessary to ship it back….plus it’s currently parked under the left front tire of my Chevy Avalanche. I heard it crack at least three or four times as I prepared it for a ceremonious trip to the dumpster…..but I decided that it would make a good parking matt until tomorrow, at which point maybe I’ll take some pics and share them with my friends.

In closing, your organization should really have a slogan, don’t you agree? Almost all leading manufacturers have some sort of slogan; maybe you should have one too? Please indulge me and allow that I might suggest a few:

Hot Bodies Racing
We Suck And So Do Our Products.

Hot Bodies Racing
Save Your Money, Buy Something Else!

Hot Bodies Racing
We Sell Junk……But Our Website Is Sort Of Cool.

Hot Bodies Racing
Now Hiring Engineers, Forward Resume To: Tommy, Chief Engineer

Old 11-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

lol damm thats harsh

Old 11-08-2007, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member

i've heard a lot of stuff along those lines about the peices not fitting or lining up or missing section due to poor manufacturing.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, heck of a find vic. There are alot of hotbody issues out there that I have read as well.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:53 AM

So.....it's obvious that Hotbodies should be avoided, but who do ya'll recommend? CompWerkes? Just curious because I need one too!

Old 11-09-2007, 12:19 PM
1st Gear Member

It really can't be that much harder than custom building one for a car, can it?