Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

WTF is wrong with people...UPDATE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 04:27 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: WTF is wrong with people...UPDATE!!!!

You wanna hear something worse than that...they used it twice at one of the stations...once inside and once at the pump!! They didn't even attempt to check the ID.

It will take a few more days to see if they managed to make any more purchases with it. So I'll know by Wed of next week how bad the damage is.

Its all good....KARMA is a BIT*H!!!

Muahahahahahah!

Old 09-23-2006, 04:53 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

You really shouldn't be out much personally, though, the CC company should pick it up as long as you reported it stolen within a reasonable amount of time.

I was out in CA for two weeks around this time last year, first a few days in Vegas and then a week and half in Fontana, CA, and then a few days in Primm NV. Well, the first night in Vegas, or perhaps the next day, the card number was lifted we suspect at one of the restaurants we ate at. That was Saturday, and on Monday my wife called and asked if I'd been shopping at Macy's because Discover spotted the unusual pattern and called to verify. Turns out someone else was using my card number so we had to cancel the card. Luckily, I also carry a backup card and was able to use that for the duration for my expenses, but it was a bit of a PITA. In additional to Macy's, they had racked up several hundred dollars of stuff at various other on-line e-tailers. We weren't billed for any of it though, the CC company took care of it.

Turns out, a few days later, two of the folks I was travelling with also began to see su****ious activity on their CC's. So we narrowed it down to one or two of the restaurants we all ate at together in Vegas. We called them both and gave their management a heads-up, whether that helped anyone else or not, I don't know. Don't let your card out of your sight while paying, esp. in Vegas!

Old 09-25-2006, 02:57 PM
1st Gear Member

I dont know if you have done it yet, but since they have your license, w/ your address, I would definately change the locks. Didnt you say you were away from home though? Maybe have a friend or neighbor keep an eye on the house.

A friend of mine went w/ his family to Outback Steakhouse and payed w/ his CC. I guess they had crappy service from the waitress and left a small tip b/c. The waitress was mad so she ran his card # later for a tip. A $25 tip! He found out and called them, he was reimbursed, and she was fired.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:14 AM
1st Gear Member

The address on my license is the Police Department Address...because of that very reason! So if they try to break into the pd they are in for a real shock! Everything attached to my name goes to the police department, bank account, everything.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:52 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Smart move, dg!

Are you back home now or still out west?

Old 09-26-2006, 04:01 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm home!! But already planning my next trip since they screwed me out of Vegas! So I get a week in December and and I can take one week between Jan and June then after June 16th I get three more weeks.

Old 10-08-2006, 07:32 AM
1st Gear Member

sorry your stuff got stolen DG, glad I don't have a credit card lol

Old 10-08-2006, 07:58 AM
1st Gear Member

well it wasn't a credit card....it was a visa debit/check card...it can be used like a visa tho.....SUCK
Nah I don't do credit cards they would get me into trouble

Old 10-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

chuckle....thanks for the heads up NB on the credit cards in Vegas.
Something learned everyday.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, no cc for me either strait cash lol