Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

wont be riding much for a little

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: wont be riding much for a little

Finger, I have no idea what would I want to do with an RPG, besides blowing up my ex-boss' car, lol. I'm in Krakow, thats south of Poland, long way from Kiel. If you want to crossinto Poland thebest way to do it would be to rent a bike in Berlin and go to Szczecin/Stettin (thats the closest big city in Poland) and then ride around Western Pomerania province - thats a seaside region with lakes and some really nice places. You don't need to show any ID to cross the border, BTW, just ride through.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Nik last time I rented a car in Germany about 4 years ago, the contract prohibited travel to Poland and a few other countries.....you think this may have changed since then or are bikes different. I was thinking of renting in Poland and then exploring and driving to Kiel and then back again.Flying to Warsaw instead ofAmsterdamor Hamburg maybe.

Bad Idea?

Old 12-22-2007, 12:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Not too good. Roads are congested, lots of traffic jams in and around Warsaw, road works and confusing detours (even locals get lost), not to mention the distance. Not sure about current restrictions on where to travel but 4 years ago Poland wasn't yet a fullEU member state, so this coud be the reason why they didn't allow you to go here. When exactly will you be coming? I'll be riding from hereto Spain through Germany starting end of May. Might join the pack if you'd like to, lol

Old 12-22-2007, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: niklucas
Not too good. Roads are congested, lots of traffic jams in and around Warsaw, road works and confusing detours (even locals get lost), not to mention the distance.
lol ok, but it does sound like an adventure. Bike rentals are a lot cheaper out of Warsaw than Germany.

I'll be riding from hereto Spain through Germany starting end of May. Might join the pack if you'd like to, lol
I have no set dates yet, my Oma just turned 91 and I need to visit her at least one more time, my Aunt (Tante) lives in Munich.....where are you guys cutting through Germany. I could get Oma to take a train to Munich for a two day "Family Get Together".Would it be ok for an American to tag along with you guys for a couple days or so? I am Fluent in German..lol

Old 12-22-2007, 10:05 PM
1st Gear Member

The name sounds polish all right. No idea who she is, though. I'm guessing a **** star?
No..lol....she is a hacker/researcher who is pretty famous in the tech world. She always is traveling and giving speeches at blackhat conventions, and has left her old job recently to return to Poland and start her own comp. security firm. I had to do some research on her for work, pretty interesting stuff. And her hacks are terrifying if they got into the wrong hands.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Not too good. Roads are congested, lots of traffic jams in and around Warsaw, road works and confusing detours (even locals get lost), not to mention the distance.
lol ok, but it does sound like an adventure. Bike rentals are a lot cheaper out of Warsaw than Germany.

I'll be riding from hereto Spain through Germany starting end of May. Might join the pack if you'd like to, lol
I have no set dates yet, my Oma just turned 91 and I need to visit her at least one more time, my Aunt (Tante) lives in Munich.....where are you guys cutting through Germany. I could get Oma to take a train to Munich for a two day "Family Get Together".Would it be ok for an American to tag along with you guys for a couple days or so? I am Fluent in German..lol

91 ? wow, so she like remembers the Kaiser... no wait. lol.My Great grandmother was 98 when she passed away, I guess that generation is very tough, grew up in rough times and if they made it through, they last long

We will be going past Berlin, obviously, then maybe Goettingen, further up north into Low Countries, then Paris, Normandy and then we will see how much time we have left. We are considering taking a car with a trailer for 2 bikes to getto Parisfaster, leave the car there and continue on bikes. Yanks are always welcome, just say you're Canadians while in France, lol, j/k.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:42 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zzrick

The name sounds polish all right. No idea who she is, though. I'm guessing a **** star?
No..lol....she is a hacker/researcher who is pretty famous in the tech world. She always is traveling and giving speeches at blackhat conventions, and has left her old job recently to return to Poland and start her own comp. security firm. I had to do some research on her for work, pretty interesting stuff. And her hacks are terrifying if they got into the wrong hands.

lol, umm.. a computer hacker, yea, that wasmy second guess. I'm lame when it comes to this subject, so where did she break in? I'll think of hiring her firm if she's any good - I can't remember most of my passwords, you know.

Old 12-23-2007, 02:34 AM
1st Gear Member

try these to learn about her...I bet she is very expensive though.

http://www.invisiblethings.org

http://www.invisiblethingslab.com

Old 12-23-2007, 08:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Hanging on the wall of my office is usually enough weapons for all of us to get into a gun fight.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Careful, I still have my IBA so I'm coming prepared.

Quick Reply: wont be riding much for a little