Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Who I am

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 02:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Who I am

So I'm been on here for a while and met somegreat people and they gave me somegood advice about bikes and riding. That is the reason I log on. However, the only posts I've read about you is about your life and stories. Why, and I ask this with all do respect because I don't know you, do you have to constantly write about your life and all the " adventures" you have? This is a bike forum and we first and foremost talk about bikes. Sure we all just joke around but that is secondary to the riding.

I have stories that will surpass most peoples average life but you don't see me trying to seek constant validation or impress from people whom I've never met via the forum.

I can guarentee that 99.9% don't give a crap about your tales and are just being polite.

Old 12-01-2007, 04:29 PM

Your avatar states **** star, you are just as bad as me! If you don't like what I write, dont read it, real simple.
As long as I follow the guidelines set by the moderators, I can write anything I want. If you have nothing better to do than judge people then have at it. It shows a lot about your personality in that you would rather judge people than accept them.
If nothing else, I feel that I bring color to this website and am not seeking validation, just friends and good times.

Sincerely........Rocketman

Old 12-01-2007, 05:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Everyone on this forum adds "color". I've not been here long, but it seems that from what I've experienced that everyone here is like a big extended family. All of us have our parts to play and we all bring something unique to the table. What you happen to bring are stories that people find very difficult to believe. Maybe they're true, maybe they're not. But, don't get upset when people find them hard to believe. No one here knows you personally or could verify these seemingly unreal stories. Take it in stride or you won't last long here because you'll be fighting everyone to get people to believe you and it will get you little respect.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, my avatar is a **** star symbol. To anyone who has more than 100 posts knows that is just for fun. I don't clain to be one. To be just as bad as you is a joke. Has anyone read unbelievable stories about me being the **** business? I think not. However if I did write a bunch of crap, most people would believe me because i have post cred of almost 1K. Sure I'll skim thorugh your bullsh*t just to read people's comedy afterwards.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:39 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rocketman
I came from dirt poor to 200K a year and have had one hell of a life and cannot help having pride in all of that.

Respact Brother........Rocketman
Sorry this Mole has to chime in........you are full ofit......you claim to be an Engineering Manager at a top 10 firm...... which Iam...... yet you post your salary on a public forum.....bs....you are a liar. Prove me wrong. And if I am wrong you are a classless pos.

Where did ya go to school.... what's your degree or degrees. I think I need to get my wading boots out of my skiff.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Whoa, guys; chill out.
This is a bike site. I'd ride with any of you and respect what you know and what you don't know. As for who you are or where you've been, yeah; it's part of the fabric, but nobody really gives a crap. We've all got some stories, I'm sure. If "validation" is needed, gosomewhere else, OK?

Old 12-01-2007, 07:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Haa Haa ha, this makes for some great reading.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:17 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jeffzx9
Whoa, guys; chill out.
This is a bike site. I'd ride with any of you and respect what you know and what you don't know. As for who you are or where you've been, yeah; it's part of the fabric, but nobody really gives a crap. We've all got some stories, I'm sure. If "validation" is needed, gosomewhere else, OK?
Nope, a newb claims to be Allah, gmafb.

I'll ride with anyone that does not brag about who they are...... if you want to brag, with nothing to show for it .....Get A Harley....you'll fit right in.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow... I think I'm going to go pop some popcorn and see how this unfolds. I gotta give rocketman credit for one thing. He can spin a yarn like an old man, and he can get pretty creative. The story about the Harleys in the lake was fairly entertaining. I don't believe it for a second, but was ammusing none the less. This is why I say he should write a book. I'm not gonna burn the dude for his taste in posting, because I have the option of skipping his posts and getting right to the most ammusing parts, which is the responses. Every forum has "that guy!" He's just fulfilling his role.

Fingermullet... when you want to cleanoff the dirt for a few hoursand come play on the streets, you can ride with me any time.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Good morning rock! Stay tuned....