Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Where has the time gone

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default Where has the time gone

I was browsing the archives to find one of my posts. Think it was in 05. Was gone, but I noticed alot of members past and present. hmm, where are they at now and how are they doing? Maybe I should not care since this is just the internet. The bond is there.

Reason I was looking in the archives was a set of kids Iposted about. Bruised, etc. I am proud to say that they are now back with their parents (the foster care people did the bruising). The first daughter we took in was adopted by the grandmother in 2004.Great lady. We talk with them every couple of months.

The other two children (now 2 and 6)are still with us. (well since 2006). We were asked by the county if we would adopt. We still say no, but are worried about the kids if we said no. (Not knowing the kids' stability issues I am sure you would not know either.) I already am responsible for 4 kids let alone adopting. But it still tears me up and this yrs racing is kaput again!

I appoligize on the winded post.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:21 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Where has the time gone

WOW THAT IS A TOUGH SPOT TO BE IN, BUT IT TELLS ME WHAT KIND OF PERSON YOU ARE. IT'S REFRESHING TO SEE SOMEONE THAT IS MORE CONCERNED WITH THE WELL BEING OF OTHERS THAN THEMSELVES. MORE OF US NEED TO STRIVE TO BE BETTER PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. I'M NOT GOOD WITH WORDS OR WRITING, BUT I APPRECIATE YOUR TRYING TO HELP.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

right on drag. the world needs more peeps like you. kids are our future, thats great what you doing for them. props!!

Old 05-04-2007, 06:32 PM
1st Gear Member

I could not have said it better. I think you are awesome for helping out the kids.

ORIGINAL: hoedogg

right on drag. the world needs more peeps like you. kids are our future, thats great what you doing for them. props!!

Old 05-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys for the kind words. It has actually been a rewarding experience for my family. My older kids have dropped the "poor me" syndrome after seeing what other kids are going through. I have learned more patience, so it has been a win win situation. I have 9 kids calling me Dad! lol

Old 05-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

adopt me. then i can say my can beat your dad on the track, hes got a zx10 punk. thats a really tough call but think of the kids best interest and youll find the answer.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:33 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

There's definitely a bond here on these online hang outs, more here than any others I'm a part of, at least for me. Which is why I still hang out here, even though I no longer own a Kawi.

And good on ya, Dragone - that's a huge commitment you are doing for those kids that have fallen on hard times. I'm sure you are making an immeasurable difference in their lives. Just goes to show what good people are here at KF! And maybe that explains the strong bonds mentioned above. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-05-2007, 03:06 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, that was funny evil.
adopt me. then i can say my can beat your dad on the track, hes got a zx10 punk.
You feel lucky?

Thanks Nobrakes
I'm sure you are making an immeasurable difference in their lives.
That quote makes me continue on helping. Because we have seen great growth and progress. Yes, I am proud of the childrens progress. And of being a parent to them.

Old 05-05-2007, 08:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow, its amazing how close you become to an online comunity while still knowing so little about them. I have seen what happens when children do not get the care, attention, and supportthey need either from their real, adopted, or foster parents. Its really sad because you just get the feeling that no matter what the child does they will have no future unless the parents step it up and do their job. Its great to see someone stepping it up not just for their own children, but for others too. Missing one more season of racing is nothing compared to the future that you are creating for a child. Keep it up Drag, the world needs more "Dads" not just "Fathers."

Old 05-05-2007, 09:57 AM
1st Gear Member

I agree with everyones post here, thats why I have stayed here...

Dragone... that is great what ya do for those kids, if it wasnt for people like you... they wouldnt have anybody. I know it can be trying on the patience, but its worth it in the end. Much love and props to you and the rest of the kf family.