Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   VIDEO GAMES (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/video-games-6004/)

markmeinteil 08-21-2006 03:43 AM

VIDEO GAMES

For those who are interested in video games, and game consoles; what do you think is going to be the next big thing to come out? I remember being so excited about the Sony PSP hitting the shelves, but so far, after buying one, I have been disappointed with it. Nothing spectacular has come out for it in almost two years. On the other hand, the Nintendo DS which I originally thought was just a marketing gimmick actually looks like it is fun as hell to play, with great games too! I played the new super Mario bros game on my friends DS, and it is so freakin' awesome! Just like the original for the NES, but with a more modern appeal. For the big consoles, I thought the Xbox360 was going to be a flop when it came out, but look at it now. Microsoft is gaining big time with all the third party game manufacturers. Then the Playstation3 that I personally think will be a great system, will probably loose big time because of it's monstrous price tag. If you look at everything that you get with the PS3, it's really going to be a great bargain, however I'm betting most people won't see a $600 video game system being a "good deal". Last, but not least is the Nintendo Wii. The Wii in my opinion is going to be the winning under-dog in the next generation. It will bring a huge audience to video games just like the Nintendo DS has. Nintendo was really smart about the Wii because they knew they couldn't match Sony or Microsoft in the hardware department, but instead, they have created games for it that are going to be very easy and fun to just pick up and play. I don't think the Wii will win over many hardcore gamers, but it may bring in an even larger audience that would normally not play video games. Plus, the controller(s) for the Wii are going to add a completely new feel to gaming. Imagine being able to play a motorcycle racing game with the Wii's controller.

I'm sure I will eventually own them all, but I can see Nintendo quite possibly coming out on top this time around.[8D] I think Sony may take second, or possibly first, but only after about three or four years down the road, and after their price has dropped to a more reasonable level so more people can afford one.

evil636 08-21-2006 04:12 AM

RE: VIDEO GAMES

video games suck. get off your lazy asses and go out side and do something.

markmeinteil 08-21-2006 04:22 AM

ORIGINAL: evil636

video games suck. get off your lazy asses and go out side and do something.
Hey! when you live in the middle of nowhere, sometimes it's all you got! LOL! Don't be a game hater:D

evil636 08-21-2006 04:31 AM

game hater,,, i got

3 ps2's
a psp
like 6 game boys
game cube
ds
x box
i think we have 2 ps 1's
a nintendo 64

and probley a few other systems. i still think video games suck ass.

markmeinteil 08-21-2006 04:45 AM

Three PS2's huh? And six gameboys? Sounds like walmart was having a big sale! [sm=tongue.gif]

evil636 08-21-2006 05:05 AM

walmart kicks ass. you can buy shotgun shells and game for your nes. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

markmeinteil 08-21-2006 05:39 AM

walmart kicks ass. you can buy shotgun shells and game for your nes. [sm=icon_rock.gif]
You're not suppose use real bullets when you play "duck hunt" on the NES! That would be bad!:D lol jk

txredneckmedic 08-21-2006 05:42 AM

hey evil...wanna unload that n64?

evil636 08-21-2006 06:29 AM

you just took the fun out of duck hunt dammm it.

tx. let me ask my wife if we still have all the wires and crap for it. ill let you know tonight.

lemac 08-21-2006 06:37 AM

ORIGINAL: txredneckmedic

hey evil...wanna unload that n64?
no I want it.... lol

evil636 08-21-2006 06:41 AM

anyone remember the og nintendo with the gyrobot ? i had that, dont know wtf i did with it though.

lemac 08-21-2006 06:42 AM

I still have the old nes... The one where you have to blow on the game to make it work and hit the reset botton 15 times

txredneckmedic 08-21-2006 06:47 AM

ive got 2 of the original NES systems...hehe

evil636 08-21-2006 06:59 AM

im talking about the very first nintendos to ever come out. one was just the unit and the deluxe set up had the robot too.

lemac 08-21-2006 07:13 AM

need pics

BigRig18Wheeler 08-21-2006 07:49 AM

We still have an Atari floating around here somewhere. Pitfall, asteroids....lol

You had that one stick, with one button. And if you got excited and pulled too hard, the stick would make a crack, and quit working...lol

MAD KAW 08-22-2006 03:37 AM

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

We still have an Atari floating around here somewhere. Pitfall, asteroids....lol

You had that one stick, with one button. And if you got excited and pulled too hard, the stick would make a crack, and quit working...lol
man thats some old school gaming.... now thats what you call joy stick.... lol lol lol the origenal game of brokeback mount....

[IMG]local://upfiles/320/1876CA5DC66F4B2CB99FD911B2A8A5E0.jpg[/IMG]

evil636 08-22-2006 04:35 AM

mk had the very first calico vision. lol

MAD KAW 08-22-2006 04:37 AM

mk had the very first calico vision. lol
hella ya bro.... calico football.... the hand held game..... remember that sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

evil636 08-22-2006 04:42 AM

my buddy still has one :D kick ass man. look how much the tecknowlegy (sp) has come in such a short amount of time.

MAD KAW 08-22-2006 04:45 AM

ya i know.... hey bro, i just saw you new pics in the gallery.... your bike looks great.... how much did it cost you to get it repainted?

evil636 08-22-2006 05:11 AM

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

ya i know.... hey bro, i just saw you new pics in the gallery.... your bike looks great.... how much did it cost you to get it repainted?
1400 and its all new og green plastics. i still have me le set and tank. it was gonna cost close to 2000 just to get it painted. "f" that man.

BigRig18Wheeler 08-22-2006 08:19 AM

man thats some old school gaming.... now thats what you call joy stick.... lol lol lol the origenal game of brokeback mount....

ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! It even has the red button cheeto dispenser....lol

markmeinteil 08-22-2006 08:34 AM

ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! It even has the red button cheeto dispenser....lol

That stick will be BRIGHT orange by the time Evil gets done with it. After that, he'll play the game! LOL

evil636 08-22-2006 09:01 AM

see the red ring around the stick ? yeah i can fill it. hell yeah id be whackin, eating cheetos and playing games, then when something comes up. ill have time.

ZX12Rider 08-22-2006 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: lemac

I still have the old nes... The one where you have to blow on the game to make it work and hit the reset botton 15 times
I have mine!!! Woohoo and its even hooked up!! Super Mario 3 is awesome!! And yeah I have to hit the bloody reset button all the time! As for the other part to making the game work......I'll leave that out!! (I'm being watched! [sm=shades.gif])

technophile 08-22-2006 06:20 PM

I have a PSP and was a bit disappointed with games selection. I'm with evil...video games suck. I lack the patience to play a game through to the end. I've also got an X box (the old one) and I've managed to beat the first halo, halfway through the second, halfway through Unreal Tournament (tournament mode, I don't have all that fancy "Live" crap). I love those racing games though. I totally dig ridge racer on PSP (they have the original ridge racer as one of the little extras on the game...that takes me back).

I think the Wii is going to hit that niche market of people like me who like to play video games but are increasingly frustrated with titles that require you to have four arms, 6 thousand fingers, and matrix like reflexes, just to get past the title screen. The Xbox and PS series of machines are definitely taking care of the hardcore gamers.

I think sony is really trying to get thier PS3 to become the new media center of the home which makes sense. If I could buy a box that allowed me to watch DVD's, record TV (a la TiVo), play MP3's and CD's, and play video games (maybe even internet access as well) I would probably purchase it. If it did all that for $600, I would consider it a deal. Once you figure in the cost of all those components seperately, plus the clutter in your entertainment center (I don't like clutter despite being a tech geek) having a do it all console seems like a pretty good deal. Only drawback, if it breaks....you've got nothing.

ZX12Rider 08-22-2006 06:26 PM

I can't stand trying to figure them out..........so I download all of the cheat sheets off the net and beat the game!! I have many other more interesting things to do than sit in front of a video game.

technophile 08-22-2006 06:32 PM

+1 on cheat codes. I finally got through Hitman using the bullet proof cheat code. It was so much fun I just ran from room to room guns blazing, took out my target aaaannnndddd....done! Game beat. lol

ZX12Rider 08-22-2006 06:35 PM

Thats what I did with Tomb Raider - took me about an hour!

markmeinteil 08-24-2006 09:40 AM

Update:

Since I couldn't stop thinking about it, I went to best buy today and bought a DS. So far I'm loving it! Can't wait to get some more games for it. (just have the new super mario bros for now.)

evil636 08-24-2006 09:48 AM

jack ass lol what does that thing do ? my older boys got one that he never seems to put down, i got a psp and all the games that i only played with like 3 times at the most.

markmeinteil 08-24-2006 09:50 AM

I have the psp too, I havn't found any good games for it yet. the DS actually has some good stuff for it.

evil636 08-24-2006 09:53 AM

atv off road fury is the best man.

markmeinteil 08-24-2006 10:31 AM

Maybe I'll rent it or something. Hell, what am I thinking.... ebay!

The games for psp I'm looking forward to are: grand turismo 4 mobile, and motoGP. It just seems like every time I see a good game for it on IGN's previews, it just gets pushed back month after month. GT4 was suppose to come out fall of last year, the latest date they say now is sometime in spring 2007.[:@] That S**T pisses me off big time!

evil636 08-24-2006 10:34 AM

gt never came out yet ? holy crap that blows. mabey i should break out my psp and use the damn thing.

markmeinteil 08-24-2006 10:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)

gt never came out yet ? holy crap that blows. mabey i should break out my psp and use the damn thing.
You could, but when there is nothing good for it, what's the point!

The PSP has so much potential for awesome games. It's too bad nobody is making games to take advantage of it.

At least the PSP tastes good to hot chicks!:D
Attachment 34160

evil636 08-24-2006 10:51 AM

when in doubt, taste it lol

markmeinteil 08-24-2006 10:53 AM

Yeah, I wish her PSP was my........ ah, psp! hee hee! :)

evil636 08-24-2006 10:58 AM

damm bro, you really need to get laid. stick to the myspace game. :D