Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Van Halen and Smokey Bear

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Van Halen and Smokey Bear

Yea I know, but if I would have put just Van Halen or just Smokey Bear by themselves then you wouldn't have clicked the link right?

Ok so the other day I was walking into the store....I call it "the store" because we only have one store here in Forks. Its a great store, hardware, sporting goods, housewares, clothing and groceries all in one place. Anyway, as I was walking in, my buddy says "Dude! Look at that van, its from Van Halen!" I was like what are you talking about? I didn't know what he meant. Sad to say he's 15 years younger than me and he knows more about music than I do, probably because he has a band, but whatever. Here it is, not the greatest picture from the Blackberry.

Name:  IMG00406.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  79.2 KB

Later that day I decided to go for a ride and saw that same van at the gas station and I just had to pull in and ask what the dealio was. The guy and his girlfriend/wife or concubine said that the van has been painted 3 times, and the license says Halenvan. Oh and they now live here in Forks.

Now the Smokey Bear part. Last summer at our Bike rally here in Forks, I got into the VIP parking by being one of the first 100 riders at the event. Shoot I think I was like the 3rd person o show up that morning. Anyway they gave me a Smokey Bear sticker and its been on the bike ever since. My wife had the nerve last week to tell me to get rid of the sticker and that it was lame. I was all like talk to the hand hater.

Name:  IMG00430.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  62.9 KB

Anyway just bored today and thought I would share. We are supposed to have another bike rally in August. We only had about 800 bikes show up last year, but I heard that the number is going to be double that, and for a town of 3800 that is a lot of extra people. There will be a couple of different poker runs. So get your bikes ready and come on down.

Here is what the van was based off of. Now I get it.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

haha thats good stuff

Old 04-29-2009, 11:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow Deej, that biker rally must be the Sturgis of Forks Washington huh? Do any Hells Angels or other 1%'rs ride in for the rally?