Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Uh oh...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 05:27 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Uh oh...

I am going to look at the 7 tonight after work... then it is decision time.

I have to say I am surprised at the overwhelming response of people saying 9 vs 7. I hope everyone understands it isn't about power for me... it is the ride and the carving. There is almost a full 3 inches in bar-height between the bikes, although I do not know exact ground-to-bar measurements.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:24 PM

have you ridden the 9 yet? true its a bigger bike, but you get used to it and i had no problems flicking mine around personally once i got used to riding it. you have to do what makes you happy though, try this: flip a coin, heads 7, tails 9. if it lands on tails and you find yourself dissapointed then you know you really want the 7, and should just go ahead and get the 7. just kiddin, its sounds like the 7 is what really makes you happy, so follow your heart.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Well... the situation has just gotten worse. Found another 02 zx7... 1800 miles. Yes, one thousand eight hundred. Never down. All stock. Same price as the zx9, cheaper than the other 7.

Dammmit.

And yes, I have ridden the 9, and others... it isn't bad at all. I don't mind the weight... I prefer the stability.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:57 PM

wow 1800 huh? thats nothing, and its all stock so you can make modifications yourself although i see you left your last 7 pretty much stock. the 9 has a jet kit and pipe on it already right? personally i prefer to make my own modifications, so that seems like a bonus to me. if you have ridden the 9 and are still craving the 7, and this thing only has 1800 on it, then i say go for this particular 7 assuming its in as good as shape as it seems. with 1800 on it the owner couldnt have ridden it very much, thats barely even broken in. good luck man.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:32 PM

man 1800 miles, and its stock, id grab the 7, for sure i agree with FoG

Old 09-23-2006, 10:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Looked at the bike from Craigslist... it has seen some rough usage, but it wasn't bad so to say.

However - I decided before going out there that I am going to do the other 7... so... next Friday after work, I am off to Detroit. Pick up the bike (after inspection of course), and ride it back to Chicago. Now... if I get out there and something goes amiss, then I will just come back here and get the 9 on Monday and be done with it.

Also... I am going to PM info about this deal to a couple of folks here on the forum... if you do not hear back from me by noon on Sunday, then I will need you to get all that info to the police in both Detroit and Cook County, IL. I will be going out there with 1, possibly 2 friends... so I should be covered as far as that is concerned... but you never know

I will be ironing out details with the guy this week, and will keep you all posted. Hopefully it wont be a cold/wet ride back.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Anyone know where I can run the VIN of a bike and get title info... want to verify everything I can before completing this or taking a trip out to detroit. Carfax doesnt do bikes.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Sro..... What I usually do, if you have a friend in the insurance business, is have them run the vin thru. They can find out if it has ever had a salvage title, been wrecked, stolen, etc....

If you don't have a "friend" like that...Shoot me the Vin and I will ask my sis in law to check it out for ya

Old 09-25-2006, 05:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Only 5 days to go!....

Getting excitedddddd!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2006, 01:02 AM

thats a beautiful ride. congratz man, i hope it works out, shes gorgeous!