Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Uh oh...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Uh oh...

funnyman :P

Putting it in storage this week, will pull all the panels and give them and the engine and undercarriage a good cleaning this winter. Gonna pull the "kawasaki" script off the swingarm, reflective green rimstripes from tapewerks, shave the fender, maybe a rear wheel hugger, new plugs, all fluids change, zx7 mirrors (if they fit, still waiting for measurements), possibly change gauge faces to green, come up with different hooks for cargo net... not sure what else.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: srobak

funnyman :P

Putting it in storage this week, will pull all the panels and give them and the engine and undercarriage a good cleaning this winter. Gonna pull the "kawasaki" script off the swingarm, reflective green rimstripes from tapewerks, shave the fender, maybe a rear wheel hugger, new plugs, all fluids change, zx7 mirrors (if they fit, still waiting for measurements), possibly change gauge faces to green, come up with different hooks for cargo net... not sure what else.
get rid of those front reflectors on the forks and replace the front turn signals to flushies.

Dam god looking bike S you scored

Old 10-16-2006, 06:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't much care for flushes actually... don't like the look. I will probably lose the reflectors after I get the rimstripes on, and I am actually of thinkig to rewire the turn signals front and rear to be running lights like the old gixxers and cbrs. I like that look at night, and the more visibility the better, right?

Old 10-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Sounds like a plan sro. The flush mounts are a visual thing also. Some people like them and some do not.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Hell ya!!! You just couldn't beat the deal on that bike man...... Good looking ride bro...

Old 01-22-2007, 04:53 PM
1st Gear Member

As you may recall - I don't much care for the mirrors on the ZX9. So - a couple weeks ago I won some brand new 94 ZX7 mirrors off ebay in green. List is $60 a piece, got the pair for $30.

Took the mirrors to my friend's heated garage where I am storing the bike for the winter (my garage is not heated) and put them on. WOW what a difference. Looks SO much better - and most importantly - MUCH more functional. For those that don't know - the ZX9 mirrors are shaped like a smiley face like this one or a D on it's side, curved side down. Hence - you lose the lower "corners" that ZX7 mirrors have.

The fact that they were green was a bonus, and it matches BEAUTIFULLY... I was actually gunning for black because I believe 95 was the last year for green mirrors on the 7. Not only was the bolt spacing correct - but so was entire mounting plate/foot. Looking at both mirrors bolt-end/plate-end first - you cannot tell the difference. They meshed perfectly into the rubber grommet and the plastic. The angle for the stems was perfect... it REALLY turned out nice, and I am rather excited about it. I didnt have my camera, but I am taking it with me next week so you guys can see. I HIGHLY recommend this mod just from a safety standpoint alone - but even in black on any other color bike - I can promise it would look very very sharp.

Thanks to Dragone for getting the #'s to me... this may be the best mod I ever do to the 9... .which is now known as "Cochi Verde" by the way... Green Pig. It was known as The Pig before by those I ride with - because of it's width, weight and overall bulk... but I modified it a little in honor of a movie I have been waiting 20 years for which came out this past summer. Points to those of you who guess what it is.

Thanks again everyone... the results are awesome. Will post pix soon.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: srobak

Only 5 days to go!....

Getting excitedddddd!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares about the bike, give me that Caddy!!!!That thing is saweeeeeet, I mean OFF THE HOOK!!! Ok I'm too old to be talking like that.