Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Tyson vs Bruce Lee who wins

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 09:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Tyson vs Bruce Lee who wins

I boxed for a while and was doing MMA style fighting for a while. Honestly I think MMA was a lot tougher, because even though the gloves dont really abosrb a lot. When you get hit bareknuckle it hurts a hell of a lot more. Plus we had to train our whole body for pain, not just upper. But I usually do the hitting[8D]

Old 04-28-2008, 09:26 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: buechee

Tyson has never benn 15 rounds, lol. What are you talking about. You don't even know boxing, they are 12 rounds and Tyson has3 12 round fights. They stopped 15 round fights way before Tyson even came into the game of boxing. No wonder you think he can beat Lee.
OH sorry a few rounds off Im not a boxing goru. 12 15 not much of a difference.

ONce lee got close enough to mike, Mike would just grab him and f*cking kill him.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

You have a point ninja, no one ever said they had to stick to their fighting styles.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
1st Gear Member

As soon as Lee got into Mikes reach then lee is dead

Old 04-28-2008, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 Unless nut shots are legal. That would suck...

Old 04-29-2008, 08:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Three things... first off the tiger is strong but the grass hopper is swift!!! Second Its not always how hard you hit but more importantly where you hit (ie presure points) and lastly a question are chop sticks allowed? Not sure why but i think that would put Bruce (while training that's what he told me to call him heheheehehehehe) at a huge advantage.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:02 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AHUFFY

Three things... first off the tiger is strong but the grass hopper is swift!!! Second Its not always how hard you hit but more importantly where you hit (ie presure points) and lastly a question are chop sticks allowed? Not sure why but i think that would put Bruce (while training that's what he told me to call him heheheehehehehe) at a huge advantage.
Not because of chop sticks, but I agree. First a boxer, like state on this page, is all about upper body. Puches only. He is not train to take blows to the lower body and your legs go the rest will follow. Plus a boxer is trained to slip puches, not kicks. He's not even looking to see a kick coming. He watching the upper body to see the arms and hand movement. Bruce was trained to watch the entire body and how to move out the way and not just slip a punch. So he already has better defense.

Offensive. As stated Lee was trained to use his entire body. So he could kick Tyson in the jaw and break it. Tyson only looking for jabs, hooks and upper cuts, would not see the two blazine fast kicks coming. He they are not to far in height, so the kick would keep Tyson to far to punch. Second, Lee was trained in some form of ground work. What is Mike gonig to do, bite him? Size means nothing when it comes to pressure points. If you don't know what they are, please don't say Tyson can take it. You can't protect them with muscle. No matter how big you are, getting hit in one will drop you. If someone grabs one, it will drop you. Tyson does not do any of this. Plus Lee was train to boxing as well. To top it off he made a fighting style, so worlok14
I had a friend that was a black belt, and a friend that was just a great boxer and it took the black belt a lot longer than I thought it would to get to the boxer.
, He had more than a black belt, he gave them out. You guys need to research Lee more. He was one of the best fighters to live.

Plus if you really take a look into Tyson, he really never had a lot of great fighter fight him. Look at the people he fought, most of them where nobodies. Not to be funny, but it's true. Tyson got his azz handed to him by Hollyfeild, Buster waxed that azz too. He quitted when that white dude served him one last yr or the yr before last. Come on, Tyson would have been a better fighter if his first trainer had not died. They made him into a side show freak after that. King knew he could get money from the fights and he set him up with bums to knock out.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Buchee dude,

I have always agreed that Lee would win. I just think it may not be the 1st round KO that you do. I have seen people get kicked in the jaw and keep on fighting, even with a broken jaw bone. And yes, Tyson would not see a lot of lee's stuff coming. All I'm saying is that when you get somebody that tough in the ring, it may take longer to take im out than you think, especially if they fight by the standard boxing rules. In that case, I think Lee might get a few surprises. But Lee would probably still win.
It would not be likely but if Tyson ever did get a lucky punch, Lee would not be able to deal with it, he'd be in the hospital.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Let's not forget our real hero!

[IMG]local://upfiles/8344/96D098C8A94E4F02830183F4395303E7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yea I guess we all have our heroes.[8D]

Quick Reply: Tyson vs Bruce Lee who wins