Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Tyson vs Bruce Lee who wins

Old 04-28-2008, 04:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Tyson vs Bruce Lee who wins

Lee would kick him seven ways to Sunday. Tyson likes to beat up the ladies. Of course if Tyson could get his teeth on lees ear it could be different.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:48 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jperkins812

If Tyson landed a punch it would be over, but Bruce Lee would beat him with shear endurance alone.
what ar eyou talking about Endurance would go straight to tyson. Lee couldnt go 15 rounds with hard hits to his head. Tyson has done it several times in his career and came out victorouis

Old 04-28-2008, 08:19 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

another thing to consider is the fast the tyson is used to being hit by heavy weight boxers. I am pretty sure that a heavy weight boxer such as hollyfield has a little more power behind his hits then Lee does. Lee was all of 150 lbs tops. Even if he got a running start and kicked tyson it might be about as hard as a hit by hollyfield. If Lee just tries to punch or kick him normal sure tyson would feel it but it wouldn't even hurt as much as a jab by other heavy weights. Lee can sit there and land 100 punchs but if tyson lands 1 its lights out.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:01 PM
1st Gear Member

yes if lee hit tyson in his knees then yes lee wins cuz when you fight dirty like that it happens. with straight up kicks and punches to the head and body tyson will KILL lee. The only way Lee wins if he fights dirty

Old 04-28-2008, 12:22 PM
1st Gear Member

tyson is used to boxing where your oponent is in front of you and is only allowed to punch you above the belt with gloves on.

lee is fast enough to get behind him, take out knees, ankles, spine, there are a lot of pressure points that lee could hit that you can't get to in boxing with gloves on.

pure fistpower goes to tyson but that only helps if he can land a blow. and i bet lees legs fit harder then tysons fists.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:00 PM
1st Gear Member

I was a boxer in my teens and then went on to kick boxing and martial arts. My asessment is that Tyson could not hit Lee. Bruce was as good at dodging blows as he was giving them. I think Tyson would wear down trying to hit Lee and then Lee would start to inflict blows to the vital organs and pressure points. It would take several blows from Lee but he was smart, and would figure out the combination that would take Tyson out.
The only way Tyson could win would be with a lucky punch which is always a possibility. I would compare this fight to a Cobra and a Mongoose, The Mongoose rarely if ever loses due to sheer speed and agility.
I also think Lee would eat Chuck Norris alive in the ring. I like Chucky a lot but I dont think he could compete with Lee.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:15 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: firstninjabike

how can anyone pick lee? its like racing a 250 agianst a 600 or 1000. There is no point. tyson is twice his size. twice his strength might not have his speed but has some pretty good speed. Plus tyson can take a harder hit than lee, hes been doing it his whole career
The size is what lee would use against tyson. Plus he would use his whole body not just box. Lee would kill Tyson. Bruce made 2 fighting styles. Tyson made nothing, he just boxes. All lee would have to do is place a foot to Tyson head. He would not even know how to block such a thing. He knows how to block a punch, not kick. Lee vould kick his ball right out tyson's mouth. You guys need to watch or attend just 1 kung fu or any other martail arts class. Lee could do moves that would break Tysons arms. And as far as Norris goes, He kick him a new azz too. Lee was a bad MoeFoe. I like the old Tyson, but being into fight arts, I'd have to say that Size means nothing. You can use a person's size to your advantage, that's what judo does.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:20 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: firstninjabike

ORIGINAL: jperkins812

If Tyson landed a punch it would be over, but Bruce Lee would beat him with shear endurance alone.
what ar eyou talking about Endurance would go straight to tyson. Lee couldnt go 15 rounds with hard hits to his head. Tyson has done it several times in his career and came out victorouis
Tyson has never benn 15 rounds, lol. What are you talking about. You don't even know boxing, they are 12 rounds and Tyson has3 12 round fights. They stopped 15 round fights way before Tyson even came into the game of boxing. No wonder you think he can beat Lee.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:31 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kohburn

tyson is used to boxing where your oponent is in front of you and is only allowed to punch you above the belt with gloves on.

lee is fast enough to get behind him, take out knees, ankles, spine, there are a lot of pressure points that lee could hit that you can't get to in boxing with gloves on.

pure fistpower goes to tyson but that only helps if he can land a blow. and i bet lees legs fit harder then tysons fists.
I agree 100%. And where you said fight dirty, there's no such thing. Box dirty, yes, like bitting. You know the thing Tyson did twice in one round. But if lee kick him in the face, lights out. Tyson go down. If Lee Places a foot to the side of the knee, leg broke, fight over. You posted a boxer against a kong fu artist. If you guys think Lee would sit and box Tyson, yes Tyson wins, but you said fight. If lee fights Tyson game over. Lee has Fought real fights on his sets with more than one person. The only time I've heard of Tyson fighting two people at the same time was the old folks he beat up for hitting his car. OLD FOLKS.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Boxers can take punishment and lots of it, thats what they train to do. I still think Lee would have to let Tyson tire out and drop his guard at least a little then take him out. I am 6'-4" and have hit good boxers in the head with some really square punches and barely phased them.
I had a friend that was a black belt, and a friend that was just a great boxer and it took the black belt a lot longer than I thought it would to get to the boxer. He said after the fight that the boxer was just plain hard to hurt in fact I thought the boxer was going to win for a while. No the black belt was not Bruce Lee but he was truly a bad ***.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tyson vs Bruce Lee who wins