Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Two Wolves

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default Two Wolves

An email i got which i thaught was really good, and true.

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son,the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all… One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret,greed, arrogance,self-pity, guilt,resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.The other is Good.It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."The grandson thoughtabout it for a minute and thenasked his grandfather :"Which wolf wins?" The old Cherokeesimply replied, "Theone you feed."[blockquote][align=left] [/align][align=left] [/align][align=left] [/align][align=left] [/align][align=left] [/align][align=left] [/align][align=left] [/align] [/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/blockquote]There has been some stuff in my personal life going on, and sometimes ya have to think about things like this, and not feed the wrong one. I am big beliver in What goes around comes back around. I also never wish bad things upon other people. You guys are like my family and i just have been kinda a bad mood lately, stupid work. Jobs sit on engineers desk for weeks, months, then they expect me to finish the job in a week. No one around here gets in trouble either, im so sick of this crap, there is only 2 things keeping me here anymore. Its hard when you see people getting away with murder and you get yelled at for being on the net for 5 mins..... screw that, im waiting for someone to say something to me again, i dont play that, i dont take chit from anyone i dont care how old you are, if the the freeking owner of the company.....[:@] What ever... im so disgusted with this place anymore... Im surprised the company has survived as long as it has.... its run by freeking engineers, no one in the entire company has any kind of buisness management skills. The left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing. Its amazing it really is..... Im rambling now.... just venting a little, [>:]

Old 04-15-2008, 11:48 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Two Wolves

Hey EMS, relax, it's just work, I too had to (or I thought I had to) put up with incompetent superiors, so I know what you mean, but then again, there are more important things in life, right?

As for surveillance at work, you know, a friend of mine works as a public servant at the employment office and they have their PCs monitored all the time, they are not allowed to browse webpages not directly related to their work, they cannot send private e-mails, heck even if they use chat communicator the employer can see what they're typing - now thats big brother for ya.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

usually i can just say screw it im here to do work and i do it and go home..... but its gettin bad lately.... i try....

Old 04-15-2008, 01:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Believe me, I know how you feel! No good deed goes unpunished.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:06 PM
1st Gear Member

ems,
I too understand what you are dealing with, i currently work for a woman who is an idiot, her only qualification for the job was her chest size, she is unqualified to manage people, is and i think a little racist. I have had confrontations with her many times, until the last time when i reported her to human resources, she has since cooled down. I have not left because i am currently tryign to complete my masters so i need this job until i graduate.

The best thing i can recommend to you is that you keep a log of the activities, for example if you know that the work sat on some one desk for a period of time, and then you were asked to complete it right away, make sure you keep a log of who did those things, in case they ever try to fire you, you can say: "Hey i did my work on time it did not get completed right away because mr. jackass had it on his desk" and you will have proof.

I have kept a log of all the times my boss has harrassed me, everytime i felt she was disrespectful at all, i have it documented with the names of all the people that were around.

Also when ever i feel down or depressed about working here, i go into her office while she is out at lunch and i fart and close the door.

Good luck man

Old 04-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

see the problem with it here, is that those suggestions would work in a normal company, but in this one, noone gets yelled at, corrected or anything, so even if i tell the owner, nothing will happen ever..... i could go yell at him and i wouldnt get fired, so if you say someone is doing something wrong, or wasting time nothing ever happens, so i have stopped trying to let others know about problems.... i have been in charge of people, i have manager training, and this place is beyond help.... so as of now im looking to get outta here..... its just really frustrating. Like this morning when the engineer marked up an old screwed up hydrolic profile, and said its all wrong, i said i know.... and he asked me what i think, i said told him he wasted his time, and all he neeeded to tell me was that it was messed up and i would make a correct one.... Why should i have to tell him to just let me do MY freeking job.... he needs to do his, and let me do mine.....[sm=headbang.gif] And he is marking up paper drawings and drawing on them... i told him many times that was a waste of his time too, becuse i do everything in autocad, so what he draws doesnt help me at all... ive been here long enough to know what im doing, and he just needs to tell me what he wants. I can design things.... WTF.....[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 04-15-2008, 01:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Talca's advice is the way to go. Only proper documentation can defeat the weasels!

Old 04-15-2008, 01:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Do you work at the same place I do? The similarities are uncanny