Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Triumph moves to Thailand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 07:29 PM
1st Gear Member
Angry Triumph moves to Thailand?

You know guys, I have heard Jap bikes, rice burners, rice rockets, and any number of other redkneck slang terms use to refer to our beloved bikes for too long. Long enough to make me sick!
But now, Triumph moves to Thailand..........WTF! Will they begin calling them rice burners, or rice trumpets, I sure hope so!
Some of the new triumphs are good bikes, like the speed triple for instance. But you have to wonder about the quality. I trust Japanese quality and technology much further than Chinese, dont you.
And what does that do to the British heritage for one of the finest bikes made on their continent, at least the late models.
This is like Harley deciding to move to Mexico! Man the Harley people would freak! Probably wouldn't hurt the quality though in that case......LOL!
I'm just rantin, but I just hate to see all of the industry moving to third world assembly plant just for the all mighty buck. And yeah, I know it has been going on for years, but it still sucks!

Triumph moving to Thailand- cheaper for who?
By Anonymous

Consumer news

22 August 2008 13:08

Kevin Ash's article regarding Truimph's decision to move production to Thailand prompts me to expand on the theme of heritage, honesty and country of manufacture.

The justification for moving British jobs to China is often that its cheaper, but cheaper for who? Not the consumer!

How much did Barbour clothing plummet in price when they went to China? Or Snap On (yes Snap On)? Or DeWalt power tools (it might say Idestien, Germany on them, but not Made in)? Or Musto? Or Black and Decker? All Chinese sourced!

Chinese does not mean low price, it means high profit. The higher the price the higher the profit and premium brands know it. It's curious how none of these products say 'MADE IN CHINA' on them. Why?

Instead terms like 'German quality', 'Designed in USA' and 'German Engineering' are all to diguise the fact that they're made in China and try to justify high prices!

Old 08-26-2008, 08:41 PM
1st Gear Member

whats next............ oh ya budwieser already sold out

Old 08-26-2008, 09:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wedge
whats next............ oh ya budwieser already sold out
Yes but after reading up on the person responsible for the Anheuser-Bush by out, he won't be moving the plants. What he does to companies instead is to cut out all the frills for the workers and streamline the company to focus on production and maximize profit without moving them to 3rd world countries. So the only thing I'm worried about is what it will mean for the parks and Seaworld which are owned by A/B.

As for Triumph moving, that's ridiculous. I too hate seeing more and more companies moving to Asia or Mexico to capitalize on cheap labor. Oh and what do you get for cheap labor? Cheaply made products that are now overpriced crap.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:37 PM
1st Gear Member

when they start making cuts at the parks..... I would think twice about riding the rides.
its not a beer I liked anyway- but for those who do........ I wonder if it will change; and how many have already stopped buying?

Old 08-27-2008, 01:14 AM
1st Gear Member

almost everyone i know that uesd to drink bud has switched to wither coors or sams

and imho outsourcing should be liiegal.