Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

T E X T M E S S A G I N G

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 06:59 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: T E X T M E S S A G I N G

The bluetooth setup in the 07 335i is the shizzit... I have never heard anything so clear, and have gotten compliments from people I am talking to that it sounds like I am on a good office phone set.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I think using a handsfree device is the way to go. Ifhaving a conversation on the phone is the problem then it should be illegal for drivers to talk to their passengers and if dialing the number is the problem then people shouldn't be allowed to change CDs because it takes thier attention away from driving for a few seconds.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member

you dont want to know how many accident reports I have written up due to driver inattention for either the phone, or screwing with the radio/cd/tape/ipod

Old 01-11-2007, 10:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Exactly srobak. Of course there are distractions other than a cell phone alone, but it's statistical that talking on the cell phone while driving is capable of "narrowing" your field of vision as well as slowing your reaction time.

I guarantee all of us that ride can tell at least one story of another driver who had put us at high risk of an accident because they were talking on their cell phone. (I can recall several from last summer.) This topic isn't about proving who is and isn't able to talk and drive, it's about the overwhelming amount of people who can't, therefore putting others at risk. (especially motorcyclists)

Old 01-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Like sorbak said, bluetooth is the way. My clk was great, just get in and the car takes over the phone control. My next car will have all the bluetooth, ipod and sirius gadjets in it.
All for public safety of course

Old 01-11-2007, 09:45 PM
1st Gear Member

I got a car from the 80's, my bluetooth capabilities are limited in there, someone should donate a bimmer to the keep me safe while driving fund, its tax deductable srobak.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Cute, Prom :P

Actually - there are bluetooth interface devices out there, which work on any car and clip on to your visor. I saw one just the other day but damn if I can remember where. I will find it and post a link... it's pretty cool

Old 01-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I just went to blue tooth about a month ago, or so, and couldn't live without it now! lol... It is nice not having the wires in the way. The phone sits out of my reach, all I have to do is click the button on the side of my ear piece and talk. It's great. Unless you forget to charge it and it goes dead half way thru a conversation on trying to get directions in downtown LA and you just realized that you're lost!!! lol lol lol

It is amazing tho how many people still talk on the phone with one hand, eating a cheeseburger in the other hand, driving with their knee, then get mad at the "other" driver for their own mistake.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:37 AM

ORIGINAL: matts0809

I saw some dumbass lady on the Highway with one hand holding a cigarette out the window and the other hand and her eyes on the cell phone (I guess dialing a number or something).
[sm=bustedsign.gif]sorry guys i do that $hit all the time [i know i know "damn woman drivers"] but i have yet to cause or nearly cause any accidents.. and again i know.. its not a good thing to do.. whats with all shinanagans california is trying to pull.. i mean hell im guilty of the cell phone deal.. but DAMN they wanna take smoking away too?! [sm=lame.gif]whats next? we can smoke in public period?! we have to smoke under our covers at night while we blow the 2nd hand into empty water bottles while the mormons down the street pray for me [nothing against mormans.. really] im just saying.. its getting to be ridiculious.. and we're CALIFORNIA the "crazy" state.. [sm=sigh.gif]

Old 01-29-2007, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: aMFd

ORIGINAL: matts0809

I saw some dumbass lady on the Highway with one hand holding a cigarette out the window and the other hand and her eyes on the cell phone (I guess dialing a number or something).
[sm=bustedsign.gif]sorry guys i do that $hit all the time [i know i know "damn woman drivers"] but i have yet to cause or nearly cause any accidents.. and again i know.. its not a good thing to do.. whats with all shinanagans california is trying to pull.. i mean hell im guilty of the cell phone deal.. but DAMN they wanna take smoking away too?! [sm=lame.gif]whats next? we can smoke in public period?! we have to smoke under our covers at night while we blow the 2nd hand into empty water bottles while the mormons down the street pray for me [nothing against mormans.. really] im just saying.. its getting to be ridiculious.. and we're CALIFORNIA the "crazy" state.. [sm=sigh.gif]
None that you know of
and yes your idea of the second hand smole is a good one [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]