Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

so off topic.. but im so stoked.. i scrubbed in for surgery guys!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: so off topic.. but im so stoked.. i scrubbed in for surgery guys!!

cool, congrats. But wait on reenlistment bonus's and how many team mates that got blown up in a "conflict". In medical once you have the status, you are stuck with it. I hold two degrees and yet the navy demands me to be a HM.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:47 AM

two degrees?! and you were navy? you shouldve went airforce.. hahaha.. im def gonna reup for at least 3 more years.. if i do take that offer for PA then ill go WO which is DOPE cause eddie b will still be a NCO so he'll have to salute me wooooo sucka!! hahhah whats an HM?

Old 01-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, cool, HM is hospital corps. Took care of the marines, teams and navy. A respectful job for me. I miss it.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:59 AM

so why dont you go back? the marines need all the help they can get *OOH* hahahh.. have you seen "the flag of our fathers"..? "CORP MAN!! CORP MAN!!" hahah figures right? i go meme now.. work early tomorrow.. those butts waiting for the needle i hold with my kung kung fu grip so early in the damn morning.. APPARENTLY people need their medication.. gosh.. night night

Old 01-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, pretty much what they were saying on our way to Hong Kong. for sure.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Well I wasn't in the Medical Filed in the service but I did spend 7 years in the Air Force. And get this they kicked me out for being over wieght. I am 6 foot and 226 pounds when I got out. Stupid Body Fat measurements. Anyways I would do it all over again and if bushes plan goes through with having a civilian reserve I will probably look into that as well. Good luck on trying to make it up the ranks there aMFd

Old 01-26-2007, 09:06 PM

cool check it out.. i got dos stars now
you were airforce big? is it all they said it would be?
i was active duty at NTC fort irwin and worked alot with airforce people..
well, airforce and marines.. a few navy here and there and i have yet to
meet someone in the coast guard.. hahahha.. eh

that sucks they booted you out for some bull$hit like that [>:]i bet theyre hurting for people now..
i was pondering going air guard and getting out arng.. but damnit.. bragging rights you know?! [sm=laughat.gif]
hahhaha

i never pass height and weight.. im 5 foot and they want me to weight 120 lbs.. [sm=bustedsign.gif]but i always pass tape.. but im trying to get down to where i dont even have to get taped.. and its tough because im never really home to eat home cooked meals and finding healthy food around town isnt easy with the 30 minutes i do get to eat.. youre friggin tall.. you didnt pass tape? they never taught you to stretch your neck out??

Old 01-26-2007, 11:18 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aMFd

ORIGINAL: Prom

LOL, FN is king midget poacher. My sister in law is doing the whole nurse thing, too much for me tho. I think she is done with school this year. I cant wait to get out of school.
midget poacher huh? thats an amazing stage name.. this whole nursing deal is just to get me thru the door.. ultimatly im gonna be a physicians assistant so i can write out my own perscriptions hahahha dont tell eddie b that!! hahahah.. what program is she in? i bet shes got some awesome stories too.. what are you in school for?
I'm completely unrelated, I'm doing the Commercial Aviation bit. I cant keep up with my sister inlaw all I know is she works at Arkansas Childrens Hospital, from her stories I think she hangs out in the burn ward, wherewhatever peices they can find of meth makers end up. She really spends most of her time worrying about my brother, he is in Iraq with the Arkansas NG. He is the crew chief on the Blackhawk that was right behind the one that got shot down last weekend. He wasnt anywhere near it, but some of his freinds were on the one that went down. My other brother is Air Force, dunno where I went wrong as the only civilian in my family.

Anyway, for all you military folks, thanks for doing what you do.
[sm=patriot.gif]

Old 01-27-2007, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aMFd

cool check it out.. i got dos stars now
you were airforce big? is it all they said it would be?
i was active duty at NTC fort irwin and worked alot with airforce people..
well, airforce and marines.. a few navy here and there and i have yet to
meet someone in the coast guard.. hahahha.. eh

that sucks they booted you out for some bull$hit like that [>:]i bet theyre hurting for people now..
i was pondering going air guard and getting out arng.. but damnit.. bragging rights you know?! [sm=laughat.gif]
hahhaha

i never pass height and weight.. im 5 foot and they want me to weight 120 lbs.. [sm=bustedsign.gif]but i always pass tape.. but im trying to get down to where i dont even have to get taped.. and its tough because im never really home to eat home cooked meals and finding healthy food around town isnt easy with the 30 minutes i do get to eat.. youre friggin tall.. you didnt pass tape? they never taught you to stretch your neck out??
I would do it all over again if I had to. I learned alot in the military for a small commitment. Got to travel and go places I never thought I would be able to go. As for the neck thing. Yeah I fought that for 3 1/2 years going to the gym 5 nights a week after putting in 8-10 hour days at work. Did the whole sauna and exlax thing as well before weigh in. Even was in Saudi for 4 1/2 months came back 20 punds lighter and they said I was still over on the tape. People measured you differently all the time so they where always different. The last time I measuredI was off by 1/4 of an inch from passing. Man that pissed me off but oh well great experience over all. Things are really laid back in the Air Force compared to the other branches more of a mental thing than anything else for Basic Training.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:37 AM

yeah.. laid back is a good term.. i remember all the times a new bus full of airforce people came.. they all packed the most $hit ive ever seen.. and they had like nice stuff too.. i was a tad intrigued.. its like.. NTC.. they are gonna be out in the field for 3 gaddamn weeks.. they dont need mink blankets and civilian clothes.. but i was neer intrigued enough to ask.. i steered clear of anyone whos uniform didnt say [ARMY] on it..

Quick Reply: so off topic.. but im so stoked.. i scrubbed in for surgery guys!!