Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

So I have this song stuck in my head..

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: So I have this song stuck in my head..

Never heard of Rise Against. Tea Party is awesome.

Our Lady Peace is pretty good too! I saw them when I went to the Rolling Stones concert last year. I find I switch back and forth, for a while I'll be listening to the new alternative stuff - then I get sick of it and switch back to the old faithful Heavy Metal!!!

Really like Slayer, Sepultura, Metallica, Megadeath, and so on, you get the point!! Also like a lot of the stuff from the 70's, Alice Cooper, The Who, and so on. I could go on for days!!!!

Old 08-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

bb a metal head ? hells yeah [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 08-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

When metalica changed and became the more mainstream band around reload I still continued to listen and like them.
In a interview I saw they were saying we as a band are changing and our fans will change and grow with us or f%ck em. I liked them even more after that.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:55 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm still a fan, load and reload were decent actually better than the black album that enter sandman in my opinion, but I think I was just getting a little tired of them becuase they were getting so much airtime and it seemed like EVERYBODY was listening to them.

When St. Anger came out it was in pretty heavy rotation in my collection.

Megadeath's great, Iron Maiden "Somewhere in Time" was one of my favorites, I think I listened to that cassette until the iron oxide flaked off. Queensryche Operation mindcrime,... the list goes on.

Let's all take a moment to give thanks to the rock gods with a face melting drum solo...

Old 08-24-2006, 02:00 AM
1st Gear Member

The re-mix they did for the Spawn Soundtrack was my favorite.

Old 08-24-2006, 01:25 PM

I've always like metallica, guns n roses, and all the greats!!!

I've always been into metal as well. As a matter of fact, I listen to deathmetal on my ipod while I'm on the track and it definetly makes me ride harder and faster!!!

In the last couple years, I've been following Killswitch Engage alot. If you don't know who they are or haven't heard them, check it out.

KILLSWITCH ENGAGE

Old 08-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

I will never ever forget the day I saw Metallica in concert.......there were two people in front of me then it was the barrier.......ahhh my hearing didn't return to normal for about a week!!! Talk about awesome!!!! That was back in 1993 and I remember it like yesterday - even managed to score a 'copy' of a vid taken of the entire concert!!!

And yes evil - I'm a big metal head!!!!

Old 08-24-2006, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Was that the concert tour they did with G n R back in the day? That was the first time I saw Metallica in Concert. They played Jack murphy stadium with Faith no more and Guns N Roses. I think that was in 1993. That was epic, the concert started at like three in the afternoon and I didn't get home until 3:00am. Then I had to get up at 5:30 to go to school. I was brain dead, but it was worth it.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

This one was at the Moncton Coliseum here in New Brunswick, they had no opening act. The show was labeled "An Intimate Evening with Metallica" It was promoting the black album, but they only played one or two songs from that one, most of the songs were from the earlier albums.

I think it lasted close to four hours. If they ever came back this way again, I'd be there in a second!

Old 08-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Ha! I don't know what is wrong with me lately!!! Music from way back keeps popping into my head!! Anyone remember Lita Ford?? I have every one of her 'tapes'! God I gotta get those onto CD!!!!!

Her duet with Ozzy was awesome!