Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Sick of snow. Time to move south...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Sick of snow. Time to move south...

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Costa Rica ........... I just got a job offer from a company owner I met while riding over there..... 2 year stint, but I am SERIOUSLY considering it.
You're girlfriend just might regret suggesting you to take a riding vacation down there. Of course, sometimes them women are calculating two moves ahead of us ... maybe that was her plan all along?

Old 12-16-2007, 10:44 PM
1st Gear Member

I have some freinds who moved down to Mississippi, it is very cheap living, and lots of jobs on the gulf ststes because of the mass exodus after katrina. I know...hurricanes...but just don't live right on the ocean and you'll be fine. I always thought it might be cool to live in Texas as well. Some of my friends moved out to Page, Arizona and they love it.It is right on lake Powell too.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:59 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes
You're girlfriend just might regret suggesting you to take a riding vacation down there. Of course, sometimes them women are calculating two moves ahead of us ... maybe that was her plan all along?
Could be...lol....but I can beat her at Chess anyday.....but dem girls are good at figuring life stuff out......she wouldn't have to work either....lol.....Thanks Brian.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:34 PM
1st Gear Member

The winters aren't actually all that tough... I'm just tired of them. Again - spent some years in Da UP of Michigan... 250 inches of snow a year, a few weeks of it below 0 without counting the wind chill. Much easier here in Chicago... but I am Just sick of it... .

Finger - what's the job, how is the pay, and do they need another guy?

MmmMmMmMMmmMm... Costa Rican women...

Old 12-17-2007, 12:39 AM

Come on down to San Diego!! It is a smaller city but it is great... There is soo much stuff you can do. CONS: It is expensive as hell to live here!! But year round riding and there is always desert season too!!

Old 12-17-2007, 02:21 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BR0WNIE

Come on down to San Diego!! It is a smaller city but it is great... There is soo much stuff you can do. CONS: It is expensive as hell to live here!! But year round riding and there is always desert season too!!
maybe downtown sand diego city is small but San Diego is fuggin huge bro!

Old 12-17-2007, 12:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Jacksonville, Florida

Living expenses are ok, not that high. but it is pretty much year round riding, although today was 31º but there is no snow here

Old 12-17-2007, 05:19 PM
1st Gear Member

31* in Jax? dayum

Old 12-17-2007, 06:46 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah, it is funny, because when i use to live in Iowa, in the winter anythign over 20º was fine, and this morning i did not want to do anything because it was too "cold". i did not even go running

Old 12-17-2007, 07:06 PM
1st Gear Member

without our climate controlled buildings the human body adjusts pretty well to the natural climate. burning more calaries in the winter to produce more body heat, and less in the summer.

if you spend all day in the AC in the summer it will feel a lot more uncomfortable to you outdoors than someone who is used to being outside all day.

same goes when southerners travel north and northerners travel south.

Quick Reply: Sick of snow. Time to move south...