Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

RIDER DOWN.... ME

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 06:04 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RIDER DOWN.... ME

I hate reading these posts, I damn sure don't like writing one.

I crashed my ZRX this past Monday. Don't remember anything. Just remember leaving work. I crashed about 6 miles from work. Next thing I know I'm talking to a woman looking down at me saying I crashed. Scary huh.

Police report says I turned right heading east, hit an oil slick, and lost control. I landed on my left side. The best I can figure out is while leaned right I hit the oil and slid, rear wheel then caught and I hi sided and threw me off the left side. Report says I was doing about 30mph.

I have a separated left shoulder, slight concussion, bruised left hip, banged up left knee, and slight sprained right wrist.

The tow guy said D.O.T. had a 100 foot section coned off where I crashed from where some truck was leaking a lot of oil. They were pouring sand all over to dry it up. I didn't see it untill it was too late I guess.

Bike is not too banged up. I can fix it.

I was wearing my gear. Please wear yours. 30mph get off WITH a helmet and still had a concussion. Imagine what would've been without one. I didn't slide much. Jacket shoulder is scuffed a little. EMT's had to cut off me though. It was my favorite.

Bottom line is always gear up no matter how far you are riding.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Default RE: RIDER DOWN.... ME

WOW gald to hear that you are going to be ok. that sucks. traffic dept needs to do a better job sounds like,but no one cares about us but us! get well soon!!!!

Old 04-07-2006, 06:54 PM

Hey Honey...........I'm so sorry about the crash!!!!!!! I really hope you heal quickly. Glad you were wearing your gear! This is an example to all the new riders on how important it is to gear up no matter where you are going!!!!

Old 04-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

OMG! I'm so glad to hear that you are relatively okay Kevin. I hope you heal up soon and are able to get the ZRX going again. Take it easy for a bit, I know you'll be back on two soon!

Old 04-07-2006, 09:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Holy **** dude. sorry to hear about the wreck but im glad you're OK. wearing gear is the only way to go cause you cant be prepeared for eveything . hope ya get the bike fixed up and are back out there soon!

Old 04-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

dam dude.. glad you're okay.... helmet= concusion. no helmet= death!!

Old 04-08-2006, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

dam dude.. glad you're okay.... helmet= concusion. no helmet= death!!
bro, glad to know your ok.... and good thing you where wearing your gear... get better soon brother.... and like bigrig said.... helmet=concusion, no helmet=death.... look at Indian Larry... prime example... but hey we're all smart here.... but of course better then sorry.... gear up and ride safe...

Old 04-08-2006, 04:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Bro sorry bout the fall, but atleast your here to tell us. get better soon.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:29 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Don't you just hate it when that happens! At least you seem to be doing ok. Cool beans that you ride with gear. Glad that you are for the most part, ok.

Old 04-08-2006, 07:55 AM
1st Gear Member

well bikes can be fixed....glad your ok

Quick Reply: RIDER DOWN.... ME