Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Radar Detectors and Laser Jammers. Kinda long.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Default RE: Radar Detectors and Laser Jammers. Kinda long.

Certainly nothing personal here... Hope I didn't step on any toes when I started this thread. I have nothing but respect for law enforcement and if they get me then they got me. I think that's fair. Doesn't mean I'm not going to try.

Scotty

Old 09-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BattRECON

Certainly nothing personal here... Hope I didn't step on any toes when I started this thread. I have nothing but respect for law enforcement and if they get me then they got me. I think that's fair. Doesn't mean I'm not going to try.

Scotty
I wa not directing my coment at you batt, this is a good thread and should spawn some good replies.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BattRECON

Scotty
Can't say that I blame ya, gotta have a little fun every now and then! But you could also try the 'puppy dog eyes' on the verge of tears......oh wait, that only works for girls..... j/k

Old 09-15-2006, 11:09 PM

No prob... Not taking it as an attack. *S* I know this can be a sensative subject for some officers. I wish I had done the research before hand. I started using this equipment with false knowledge and it ended up biting me a little. Since I'm gaining new info and facts on the subject might as well share. I was certain that someone else would have some good tech info on the equipment and I wasn't dissapointed.

You may have the girly girl approach bluebird but I have the military/civilian contractor angle. Much of that applies in the same manner. You have the eyes, cleavage and tears you should count how many times I say "Yes Sir" when I'm pulled over. *LOL* I'm a super gentleman. Almost my own action figure it's so thick. Oh, and this speeding ticket is my first ever of many warnings.

Scotty

Old 09-16-2006, 02:16 AM

just make up a story about how getting the ticket will screw u over! works for me, pulled over 4 times never ticketed. one of them the cop let me go for 25 over just cause we had the same name lol

Old 09-16-2006, 03:47 AM

1 down 5 to go. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Name:  tickets.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  28.2 KB

Old 09-16-2006, 09:02 AM

Damn... Those are pretty good numbers Fury.

The budy that I mentioned in this thread spent 10 days in jail and paid out thousands of dollars for a 178 in a 70. He was driving his Porsche 944 at the time. They got him on attempting to allude and some other BS. The thing is he blew past the speed trap not knowing it. Stopped for gas a few minutes later. Went inside the service station to take a crap then picked out a sandwich and soft drink. He then paid for everything and walked outside. At about that time the cops come flying in like Starsky and Hutch with guns drawn. He thinks the store is being robbed until they start yelling at him to get on the ground. Anyway, he obviously got a lawyer and was able to keep his license and that's about it. Georgia made him park the car so now it's rusting away someplace in Alabama.

Scotty

Old 09-16-2006, 10:53 AM

thats just not right. poor guy, he didnt even get to eat the sandwich. i have had similar instances, and been thoroughly disappointed at not being able to finish my food or my beverage. 178 on 4 wheels huh? see i can go that fast on a bike but i cant picture going that fast in a car, weird huh? ah well.. sh*t happens so do tickets, i get em all the time, no big deal. id say you can beat the one you got pretty easily though, check into a traffic attorney, they are cheap, but dont just pay the ticket and take the points. the info on the radar/laser jammers is great, i wasnt sure if they actually worked or not, ive always wanted one. i really need one. lol

Old 09-16-2006, 11:21 PM

Yea... I don't think they let him have a snack, they were too busy cuffing and stuffing his big ***. He's been playing with high power cars all his life and the Porsche may have been his crowning achievment. The car was so ugly on the outside. It was a dirty white and needed a paint job pretty badly. The interior was pretty messed up as well. The engine and drivetrain were the money. In fact all of his money went into performance. The car was such a sleeper it would make you giggle. Sorta upsetting that it's just parked like that. He says he can't ever get in it because he can't help but drive way over the speed limit all the time, on any road.

So a modest update on the speeding tickets my buddy and I received for our 79 in a 65. Looks like it's only going to cost us $75 a piece. No points will be awarded to our licenses so no harm no foul. I'm just going to pay it, especially since I'm not in the country right now and won't be for a couple of months. Like I said earlier, the lesson was learned and it won't happen again. I'm going to change my approach to the detection and jamming devices and how I use them. For me personally using the devices in a conventional method just forces me to ride like I'm in a car. I don't want to ride like I'm in a car I want to ride like an ****. So now I'm just going to use the equipment like an early warning array and if I get a hit then I know I should dissapear, very quickly. That's my 2 cents...

If I come across any new info in the future then I'll make a point to post it here.

Scotty