Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Punks!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 05:17 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Punks!!

One of the things that I get tired of since coming to work for the University of Washington is the consistent vandalism that occurs on the road that leads up to the facility. I take a lot of ownership in my job and the fact that I have been there for nearly 13 years. In fact I started there a few weeks before the ribbon cutting ceremony in July of 1995. I guess that fact coupled with the fact that I am getting older has lead to a zero tolerance for these high school kids that decide to come up and dump garbage and tear up the road on the weekends and during lunch.

Well anyway I was on my way down the hill today to pick up something at the store and I come up on some punk A$$ (yea I almost said it) kid in a Dodge Raider jacked up and ripping up the ditch lines that just happen to be a stream leading to a fish creek. He didn't see me and preceded to tear off down the road back to school, well I called the cops and had them meet me in the parking lot, well they showed up in the normal timely fashion of about 20 minutes. Well I handed my business card to the officer and told him what happened and told him to call me and let me know what was going to happen.

Well I get a call from the officer and he asks me to fill out a report so I drive down to do that. I told him that I'm not trying to get kids in trouble, but every weekend a stop sign gets plowed down or garbage dumped or this stuff that happened today. I told him that if the kid would come up and talk to me we could probably work something out.

Well in fact the officer said that this kid was a pretty good kid and in fact confessed to the damage, and was planning on talking to me. I left work a little early today and the kid showed up at the main office and I got a call from the secretary telling me that the kid was there, I told her to tell him to come back by himself, on his lunch and come to my office. That way he could sweat it out a little, (ain't I a stinker)

Anyway I told the officer that we all did some stupid stuff and that hopefully we learn from it and can get past and move on toward becoming mature adults that can function in society. So I'll post up what happens, who knows there could be something good come out of this for him and us, perhaps he can spread the word that we are not going to allow this to happen anymore, and while I can't be everywhere at all times, I am going to make more of an effort to keep this kind of garbage from happening.

Here are a few pics.

Name:  P2194484.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  147.8 KB

Name:  P2194483.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  140.8 KB

Name:  P2194487.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  120.3 KB

Now I realize this doesn't look as bad as it could, but I can guarantee you that if some logger did this in a ditch line that has running water in it he would be fined $10,000

Old 02-20-2008, 07:35 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Punks!!

Jeez! What's next? Kids throwing rocks at you while riding down the street?

Sorry, I just had to say it.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:50 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Better than Monkeys throwing rocks at you, but since I am just abit over 20, a little tire tracks is not bad.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:20 AM
1st Gear Member

that does pose a riding hazard tho.. all that crap in the road+ bikes= bad day. or at least messy day..

Old 02-20-2008, 08:37 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Here is another good way to deal with punks
http://www.koreus.com/video/metro-agression-ridicule.html

after looking at the video again you might not want to click on the link from work due to some other not so work safe links on the site.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

crime in forks aint it a bitch

Old 02-20-2008, 01:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej is regulating on those bastard kids

Old 02-20-2008, 01:52 PM
1st Gear Member

thats right DJ - take him to a trail and show him how its really done [8D]

Old 02-20-2008, 01:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Actually I have had 2 different kids throw something at me last summer while I was riding, and both times I turned the bike around and chased them down and read them the riot act. Don't mess with a rider.[:@]

Old 02-20-2008, 02:01 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aszrael1266

Here is another good way to deal with punks
http://www.koreus.com/video/metro-ag...-ridicule.html
OK first of all how did you find that video, and more importantly, what were you really searching for when you did find it?[8D][8D][8D]

Quick Reply: Punks!!