Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Paint ball traffic control

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 01:09 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Paint ball traffic control

Angry neighbors with paint ball guns are trying to control speeders in their neighborhoods! It is funny, but what if somebody was driving along with their windows down, and took a paint ball in the side of the head. That could probably wreck some people. Or, some of those redknecks carry real guns down there and may decide to shoot back. All I know is that if somebody shot me or my car with a paint ball, I would want to be kicking somebody's ***!

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5814998/

Old 08-19-2009, 02:27 PM
1st Gear Member

paintballs can potentially leave dents like small hail - if they hit someone through a window they can cause damage including loss of vision (permanently)

its a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:48 PM
1st Gear Member

oh yeah. i got shot in the jaw with a crappy $40 one and i needed a minute to gather myself. you zap someone in the side of the head at a traffic circle, their car is gonna wind up in someones lawn/house. and if you wanna be a dick you can freeze them, then they bust through windshields and headlights like paper. this will end badly. my suggestion, police bike doing radar part time on the circles island, with a cruiser or two waiting down the street for a radio call to pull over certain cars. much more effective and noone gets hurt or goes to jail.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:05 AM
1st Gear Member

hey do you live by me? some A$$ down the stree paint balled my car as i was driving by. then they did a drive by and nailed my house. Little F*@kers

Old 08-20-2009, 09:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Yes I did that GS. Slow your *** down when you come down your street!

Old 08-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I used to be into paintball, they can mess you up.... get hit in the ear and loose hearing... when you get hit in the eye the paintball actually explodes your eye ball... seriously... not cool.... just litter the street with 2X4's... safe to drive over but it will slow them down... lol....

Old 08-20-2009, 01:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14
Yes I did that GS. Slow your *** down when you come down your street!
you know the funny thing is i did not hear or see it. I just got out and saw paint running down the side of my car.

I live in a gated community and the speed limit in front of my house was posted at 45 mph they have recently dropped it down to 35, but i have seen people do around 70. There is no patrol or law enforcement so it's a free for all. Stop signs hell who cares. Our POA wont do anything. Its going to take for someone to get killed for them to change anything. Kinda messed up.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:31 PM
1st Gear Member

I used to play paintball for several years. I was on a team and all that jazz. It was my life. So I know a thing or two about it. And let me tell you, if you catch a paintball to the forehead, even if they're below 300fps, you hurt. Alot. I've gotten shot right ontop of my head and saw colors for 30 seconds or so. Although it's rare, people have passed out.

Catching one in the eye is a whole other story. Chances are you'll lose your eye (Believe me, I have the stitches on my cornea to prove it)

Old 08-20-2009, 10:38 PM
1st Gear Member

forgot about eyes. thatll screw you up. theyre basically just giant bb's that wont penetrate, just hurt like hell andthen make a mess. and you can put a frozen ball through a thing of plywood with ease, even with a ****ty wal*fart gun. like i said, this wont end well.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Well to me, the funny thing is they are doing it in Durham. I lived there for almost a year before I moved out to the lake. You can hear gun shots all the time at night. There are a whole bunch of gang bangers living in that town! somebody is going to shoot a banger with a paint ball, and get an answer from a mac 10.

Quick Reply: Paint ball traffic control