Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   NOOOO!O!!!!! FALL!!!!!!!! (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/noooo-o-fall-3988/)

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-14-2006 02:34 AM

NOOOO!O!!!!! FALL!!!!!!!!

i went down after riding with rice and 56r, i tried pulling out of a friends driveway and couldn't get the bike turned enough and went down across the street in a ditch, i wasn't hurt at all, but my bike took a beating i am just so pissed and is it at all repairable???? pics uploading as we speak

evil636 05-14-2006 02:37 AM

RE: NOOOO!O!!!!! FALL!!!!!!!!

dammmm it. repair it and get back on it. it happens.

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-14-2006 02:38 AM

im so pissed at myself, there was about a 1 second reaction time, but if i woulda breaked i might not of went down. funny thing is it was about the same thing that almost happened with me, rice and 56r at a stop sign, bike is just too bulky to try to turn how i did and i went down, im more pissed at myself than anything.

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-14-2006 02:41 AM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...i/IMG_0263.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...i/IMG_0262.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...i/IMG_0261.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...i/IMG_0260.jpg

gotrice 05-14-2006 02:53 AM

damn that sucks man. glad your ok. Let me know if u need help putting her back together. u were doing so good today, errrrrrrrrrr

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-14-2006 02:56 AM

i know rice, i am soooo pissed. i'd like to repair it then just put stickers/decals over it, will still be able to tell but not was bad. i don't have an extra few hundred bucks to replace it.

evil636 05-14-2006 03:01 AM

duct tape it up and learn how to ride it and how a little counter ballencing will help you turn that overly bulky bike and keep it in the lane. dont blame kawi for making the bike. dont blame the city for making the lanes to narrow for your bike. dont blame god. just chock it up to a f.u. and get er done.

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-14-2006 03:04 AM

i just want it to look half decent, cause right now it looks like total ****

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-14-2006 03:09 AM

anything to seal the cracks, bondo? or some ****? then just get something to cover it up. it's gonna look like poo, but if i can fix it then get a decal or two to cover the poo up, i would be happy.

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-14-2006 03:17 AM

someone get me some tissues, that and some responses. I need to hear "dumbass " "that can be fixed" "wow that's not fixable, save money for a new one" "wtf are you 5" "i'll help you buddy" haha etc. etc. this silece is killing the moment, and by moment, i mean me crying all over the keyboard

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-14-2006 03:20 AM

hit it wayne.......evil.......rice.......someone

walight01 05-14-2006 03:49 AM

alright you dumbass. J/k Its sat. the board is slow during the day. NEways, thats a easy fix. What i would do is drill holes on each side of the crack about every inch or so apart, the put zip ties in it. it will keep it from flapping and cracking any more. THats the easiest way to do it, the other way would be to fiberglass the underside, bondo the front. Zip ties look better for now and its easier. Don't waste your money of fixing it until one your ready to sell it or you have a few k miles under your belt b/c your probably gona fall again, esp until you goto the msc. from the pics it looks like the only damage is the fairing and thats a good thing. If you had damaged the clutch lever or shift lever or turn signal blablabla, those aren't $5 fixes. Just put your money into a jetkit, gear and GAS!!!!! what you need to do is go find a big empty parking lot and do slow/stop turns. This way you can start to figure out how to counterbalance it, and if the bike goes to fall, its light enough all you have to do is put down your leg. Thats how I learned to take sharp turn before I went to the MSC. TIP: when doing slow turns/manuevers, use the rear brake to keep you slow and steady b/c just the natural idle in first gear is too fast sometimes for a beginner. to learn how to do that, get in a parking lot, start in first, let it idle, the start applying the rear brake to start slowing it down. and slip the clutch with slight throttle and you will eventually be able to ride next to someone(or slower than someone) while they walk next to you. Once you learn that it will help alot with slow turning. Any questions pm me. it might take me a while to respond b/c i'm giving my wife the weekend off and cleaning house

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-14-2006 03:54 AM

zip ties and stickers/decals. uhhhh damn me. im just so pissed cause i thought hey i went down in this ditch maybe a tiny crack, i didn't expect that. i would prefer to seal the cracks. but whatever you people suggest i'll consider.

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-14-2006 03:55 AM

also wayne, i don't appreciate that sig under your pic. maybe if you were with me in spirits i wouldn't of totally f' myself over. in any event i have that piece that is missing. can anyone steal/get free bondo, etc? and some kleenex. thanks in advance.

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-14-2006 03:59 AM

i'm out for the night to drink my sorrows away. if you guys could comment like 20-100 times in this thread with help, advice, free stuff, that'd be great. and i want to thank you all once more.....in advance. i know you will all come through.

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-14-2006 04:05 AM

these replies are coming slow................i'll read them all tomorrow. goodnight all

evil636 05-14-2006 04:18 AM

look jack ass, before you cross the line and turn this into a suicide thread, relax, as far as reparing the plastic, you can have it welded and a little body filler and your good to go, only prob, that craps not cheap. you can frankenstein it with the holes and zip ties, it adds character, looks cool in a messed up sort of way but it holds. mabey a few zip ties and some duct tape to fix it for now. this is what, the first real road time you ever had on it ? mabey second ? take this as advice and not crap talking, we were all here with you from the time you wanted a bike, to finding it to getting it home so take it as a family slap. tape the ****er up, go ride the damn bike till you get comfortable on it and turning is not such a challenge (this will come with practice and experience, guaranteed) just keep telling yourself this...id rather be a good rider on a ****ty looking bike then a rookie noob on a bad ass new bike.

ok thats all i got right now.

MAD KAW 05-14-2006 04:20 AM

hey bro.... don't take it too hard..... everyone falls..... and we learn from our falls, so we don't do it again.... hey, just get right back into the game.... and you'll be fine.....

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-14-2006 04:22 AM

i was playing relax........just cause your evil doesn't mean you don't have a sense of humor. a combination of being bored and being po'd = too many posts.

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-14-2006 04:26 AM

zip ties and (duct tape) / stickers seems the consensus so far??

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-14-2006 04:26 AM

also i will have more pics after i actually do whatever to it

lemac 05-14-2006 04:26 AM

ORIGINAL: evil636

duct tape it up and learn how to ride it and how a little counter ballencing will help you turn that overly bulky bike and keep it in the lane. dont blame kawi for making the bike. dont blame the city for making the lanes to narrow for your bike. dont blame god. just chock it up to a f.u. and get er done.
Thats what I was thinking

evil636 05-14-2006 04:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Steve Ninja Strombol

i was playing relax........just cause your evil doesn't mean you don't have a sense of humor. a combination of being bored and being po'd = too many posts.
ok ok but if you would of put the effort into rigging up your bike so you can live with it for the time being, like you put into these posts, youd be out riding right now not caring. [8D]

MAD KAW 05-14-2006 04:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Steve Ninja Strombol

ok ok but if you would of put the effort into rigging up your bike so you can live with it for the time being, like you put into these posts, youd be out riding right now not caring. [8D]
amen brother...... it's a learner bike.... it's gonna have battle damage.....:D

walight01 05-14-2006 05:16 AM

i like zip ties, no stickers. My bike has tons of scratches, hell my wife dropped it again the other day. o fing well, its my first bike, i got it used to learn on and get good gas milage. remember there are 2 types of riders, those who have fallen and those who are going to fall. Hell most who fall end up falling again. When you make those turns do you look down at the ground or do you look to where your turning. B/c that will make all the difference in the world. The bike will go where you look and that can either help you or hurt you. Zip tie it tommorrow and go riding.

BigRig18Wheeler 05-14-2006 05:49 AM

Yup, you f'ning pus$ie !!! ha ha ha ha ha....lol lol

It's all cool man... just zip tie 'er for now, get more used to the bike.. Later on you can Fiberglass the back, bondo and spot the front side, and some match 'em paint, hell you'll never tell... half a days work.. We have all dropped.... that's a sign of experience right there!! Just zip it, get back on it, and prctice that slow speed..

walight01 05-14-2006 05:54 AM

screw waiting til tommorrow, take your happy ass to walmart tonight and get the zipties so when daylight comes tommorrow, you can go riding again.

Dragone#19 05-14-2006 09:10 AM

Confession, I fall down and go boom at least once a year.

I would bevel the cracks and weld it. I use ABS shavings in MEK. Weld er up, sand, paint. Good as new.

jayden 05-14-2006 07:31 PM

what about that plastic weld crap? The stuff that comes in the syringe looking thing. I used that on the bumper of my car once, it worked for that. Only a couple bucks.I believe they have it at walmart but heres a site for it. its almost to the bottom of the page. http://www.solder-it.com/solderpaste.asp

jayden 05-14-2006 07:49 PM

I found this site looking for a fender elinator for my 250. Not sure what yaer and size your bike is, but maybe they'll have what you need. I guess this place buys bikes and strips them down for aprts, Prices seemed good. Maybe it will help. http://www.partszparts.com/bikes.html

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-15-2006 01:47 AM

thanks for the replies.........so far i have used super glue and epoxy, haha. but i'm either gonna a) use zip ties or b) make a metal bracket for it and screw it in. either way i'm gonna be putting more holes in it. (for zip ties or for the metal bracket) i went and got oil and a filter today........gonna change teh oil tomorrow if it don't rain. it's been pouring for the past few hours here.

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-15-2006 01:51 AM

also this helps with my option of getting it painted over the winter........that is if i don't wanna upgrade. i can get it fixed a lot better if i actually do go through with a paint job in winter. it just sucks having a perfect bike, then this. anywho, i'm gonna ride tomorrow or tuesday if it doesn't rain, cause i have to ride it to the notary to get the title transferred

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-15-2006 03:21 AM

wayne.........this jet kit would work, wouldn't it? it's stages 1 and 3 just as most all i've seen.......only 30 bucks http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=81-9138

walight01 05-15-2006 03:51 AM

as long as thats the kit for your bike it will work fine. the dynojet kit also comes with the stage 1 and stage 3.

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-15-2006 04:04 AM

yea i just figured 30 bucks > 80 bucks. i will prob order an air filter and that jetkit off k and n.

ZX12Rider 05-15-2006 04:44 PM

Well that sucks, I can't believe the damage caused! I have to ask though, have you taken the MSF yet? The reason I ask, is cause the 500 is not a difficult bike to manouver around. Once you have your clutch and throttle control down it is a simple matter of practicing slow speed stuff. Things like having someone walk beside you while you ride in a straight line at their pace. Practicing serpentines, circles and figure eights - in order to do these - you have to have the clutch, throttle and rear brake figured out. It does you no good to be able to ride quickly (or even just at the speed limit) on the roads if you can't pull into a parking lot and slow everything down.

Your bike is definately repairable, and I'm sure with slow speed practice, you'll gain confidence quickly in handling your bike. Take her to a parking lot and practice, practice, practice - you'll get the hang of it. And believe it or not, the 500 is not cumbersome and difficult to move around, and it will turn in a pretty tight circle quite easily.

Cheer up! Its a learning process, and well worth it in the end! Keep us posted on your repairs and progress!

Notstock 05-15-2006 05:55 PM

look jack ass, before you cross the line and turn this into a suicide thread, relax, as far as reparing the plastic, you can have it welded and a little body filler and your good to go, only prob, that craps not cheap. you can frankenstein it with the holes and zip ties, it adds character, looks cool in a messed up sort of way but it holds. mabey a few zip ties and some duct tape to fix it for now. this is what, the first real road time you ever had on it ? mabey second ? take this as advice and not crap talking, we were all here with you from the time you wanted a bike, to finding it to getting it home so take it as a family slap. tape the ****er up, go ride the damn bike till you get comfortable on it and turning is not such a challenge (this will come with practice and experience, guaranteed) just keep telling yourself this...id rather be a good rider on a ****ty looking bike then a rookie noob on a bad ass new bike.

Well said!
Your bound to take a couple of spills while learning just suck it up, fix it and get out there for some more. Not sure if you took the MSF yet but you should. It will give you the basics and then it is all about gaining experience with seat time.

Not sure if you were trying to make a slow turn that would have required some counter balance like evil said, you will also learn this at the MSF, or a faster turn where you just needed to push harder on the bars but one way or another you have learned something, right, put that knowledge to good use and you will be fine.

Here is a link to a good plastic welder that I have heard other people swear by, I too would not like to be riding a Frankenstein.

Ride safe and do not forget that every one is here for you and are willing to help, so ask questions especially the stupid sounding ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SYNTH...39644866QQrdZ1

MAD KAW 05-15-2006 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Well said!
Your bound to take a couple of spills while learning just suck it up, fix it and get out there for some more. Not sure if you took the MSF yet but you should. It will give you the basics and then it is all about gaining experience with seat time.

Not sure if you were trying to make a slow turn that would have required some counter balance like evil said, you will also learn this at the MSF, or a faster turn where you just needed to push harder on the bars but one way or another you have learned something, right, put that knowledge to good use and you will be fine.

Here is a link to a good plastic welder that I have heard other people swear by, I too would not like to be riding a Frankenstein.

Ride safe and do not forget that every one is here for you and are willing to help, so ask questions especially the stupid sounding ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SYNTH...39644866QQrdZ1

well said guys.... everyone has gone down at some point..... even after taking the MSF cousre, your still learning and you may still go down.... i know how it feels when you only had the bike for a few days and then you drop it.... but hey, learn from it...... we all have, and thatswhat makes you a better rider....

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-15-2006 08:46 PM

thanks for the advice everyone, it's basically sealed pretty good, now i just gotta wait for the rain to stop (supposed to rain for the next week) so i can make some finishing touches to it and change the oil and ride.

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-16-2006 06:00 AM

im trying to find some black tape to cover the scratches, was thinking electrical but pretty sure it would come right off when wet. also checking out tapeworks, maybe make a design or something to cover it. DAMN RAINNNNN. radio today was saying we myswell be called seattle cause of all of it.