Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   NOOOO!O!!!!! FALL!!!!!!!! (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/noooo-o-fall-3988/)

ZX12Rider 05-16-2006 04:00 PM

RE: NOOOO!O!!!!! FALL!!!!!!!!

Have you thought about taking the fairing off, and repairing it from the underside? I don't know for sure what you'd need for repairing plastic - but I imagine there is something. Patch it up underneath, then use some sort of body fill on the outside, sand her down smooth and use a spray paint to paint it.

Just an idea - and probably what I would do.

MAD KAW 05-16-2006 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: bluebird

Have you thought about taking the fairing off, and repairing it from the underside? I don't know for sure what you'd need for repairing plastic - but I imagine there is something. Patch it up underneath, then use some sort of body fill on the outside, sand her down smooth and use a spray paint to paint it.

Just an idea - and probably what I would do.
good one blue B that would work....

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-16-2006 07:16 PM

yea, i actually have had the fairing sitting in my house the past few days..........gonna fiberglass the inside then do something with the outside aswell. hopefully the rain stops this weekend so i can put it back on and riiide. i have the cracks sealed together, just need something stronger to make sure it sticks. man i wish i could ride right now./

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-16-2006 08:56 PM

went to change my oil today, in the rain no less, and was pretty pissed........the exhaust is in the way of the bolt so i'm going to have to take off the whole exhaust just to change the oil. UHHH!H

DoG 05-16-2006 09:18 PM

Sorry to hear u came off m8 but the best of us do at some stage.

I came off my zx6r last year moved over on a single track lane to let a car past hit some loose chippings on the bend and bang down i went, luckily i am a big bugger and the bike landed on me a bit so i broke it's fall but still got some damage,

listen to the folks in here tape it up learn how to ride the bugger then when u have enough money get it welded rubbed down and painted , oh and inveset in some crash bungs they saved my bike from alot of damage well them and my big ass :D

good luck and let us know how you get on

ZX12Rider 05-16-2006 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Steve Ninja Strombol

went to change my oil today, in the rain no less, and was pretty pissed........the exhaust is in the way of the bolt so i'm going to have to take off the whole exhaust just to change the oil. UHHH!H
You shouldn't have to do that. Is it the stock exhaust?

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-16-2006 09:26 PM

muzzy, it's right where the oil drain plug is

ZX12Rider 05-16-2006 09:29 PM

well that sucks! sounds like an oil change is gonna be a pia! makes me glad my bike is stock (except for the new speedscreen!!!)

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-16-2006 09:59 PM

haha, yea it was raining, i was like "i wanna get this done so i can ride asap when it's nice" take off the lower fairing try everything to get to the bolt, but no go, so needless to say i was pretty pissed. this rain couldn't of came in april like it was supposed to, it just had to come in may after i got my bike.

ZX12Rider 05-16-2006 10:03 PM

haha, yea it was raining, i was like "i wanna get this done so i can ride asap when it's nice" take off the lower fairing try everything to get to the bolt, but no go, so needless to say i was pretty pissed. this rain couldn't of came in april like it was supposed to, it just had to come in may after i got my bike.
Hey if it makes you feel better, it is raining here right now. And its going to rain tomorrow........but its gonna be nice the rest of the week!

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-16-2006 10:05 PM

a little........its been raining since saturday, and it's not supposed to stop til this saturday

ZX12Rider 05-16-2006 10:11 PM

a little........its been raining since saturday, and it's not supposed to stop til this saturday
[sm=mail.gif] it'll make you smile!

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-16-2006 10:13 PM

hahaha, that was good, brightened my day up a bit.

ZX12Rider 05-16-2006 10:20 PM

hahaha, that was good, brightened my day up a bit.
I knew it would! That is what it was like last summer here, the majority of every weekend!

Notstock 05-16-2006 10:32 PM

I want to smile too [&o]

DoG 05-16-2006 11:37 PM

guys was just wondering do u guys have to sit a test in the usa before u can ride a bike , over here in scotland i had to do a CBT (Compulsary basic training ) then a week on a 500cc before i sat my test and now their is a law which will stop new riders from riding anything over ( i think) 60bhp < just wondering after reading some of these replies

Notstock 05-16-2006 11:49 PM

No, here in the US they will sell any idiot any bike and license is no problem.

evil636 05-17-2006 01:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Notstock

sad but its true.

ZX12Rider 05-17-2006 04:10 PM

I want to smile too [&o]
No problem!!! I'll share it with you too! [sm=mail.gif]

DoG 05-17-2006 05:19 PM

Wow thats nut's so anyone can go buy a bike then ride the bugger without any training? how does that work with insurance and stuff , sorry to post this in your thread steve but i am curious as hell now, i was in holiday in florida last year and hired a harley to go to the bike week at daytona i had to show my full uk bike licence and paid a whack for insurance cover although half was refundable on return of the bike, so how do u go about getting a bike licence ? dont say u fill in a form and bingo your licence arrives through the post :)

ZX12Rider 05-17-2006 05:43 PM

Here in Canada (I think its pretty much the same in the US), you have to do a written test on the basic rules of the road (road signs, basic laws and pretty much just common sense stuff), then you decide what type of bike license you want (500cc and under or 550 cc and over), you call up and make an appointment to test. You have to make arrangements to have a bike taken to the testing location. Then you ride in a slow straight line with the examiner walking beside you, then you do a serpentine pattern one way, turn around and do it in the other direction, then you have to do two circles to the left, two circles to the right and the last thing you need to do is two figure eights. While you are doing the test, they watch for shoulder checks and the amount of control you have of the bike.

If you pass, you go in and pay the money to have your license upgraded. Thats it! At any time, whether you have your license or not, you can go out and buy any bike you want. You cannot put insurance on it unless you show them your license with a motorcycle endorsement on it.

BigRig18Wheeler 05-18-2006 04:13 AM

dang...here in NM, (USA), lol, you can buy a bike, get insured for it, and not have to have a license...you have to take a 30 question test at the DMV, at least 80% to pass, then driving test..you actually ride the bike to the dmv...then straight line, figure eights, and you have to drive around the block..pretty much if you make it back to the dmv, not all scratched up, you passed... Go back inside, pay $18.00 , and they throw the endorsement on your license right then and there..

I wonder why there are so many accidents??? lol

ZX12Rider 05-18-2006 04:15 PM

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

dang...here in NM, (USA), lol, you can buy a bike, get insured for it, and not have to have a license...you have to take a 30 question test at the DMV, at least 80% to pass, then driving test..you actually ride the bike to the dmv...then straight line, figure eights, and you have to drive around the block..pretty much if you make it back to the dmv, not all scratched up, you passed... Go back inside, pay $18.00 , and they throw the endorsement on your license right then and there..

I wonder why there are so many accidents??? lol
[sm=jawdrop.gif] that's it!!!!

BigRig18Wheeler 05-19-2006 07:26 AM

yup...that's it...scary huh...lol

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-19-2006 07:28 AM

heres my "patch job. black duct tape. anyways it looked so horrible just using strips of tape so i put a N and P along with an x, triangle, and x to make it look a tiny bit hideous. haha anywho, here's pics..........i also finally got a cover today.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...i/IMG_0266.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...i/IMG_0267.jpg

hideous i know.........but it's all i could do with duct tape.

BigRig18Wheeler 05-19-2006 07:36 AM

Better than nuttin....at least you can get out and ride!!

MAD KAW 05-19-2006 07:42 AM

hey i like it..... it gives the bike personality.....

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-19-2006 07:43 AM

my dad makes it look ****tier, he put super glue on it and just let it run. is there anythingi can use to get it off? you can see it very much in those pics.....

MAD KAW 05-19-2006 07:46 AM

have to tried, adhesive remover?

Gerg 05-19-2006 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW
have to tried, adhesive remover?
Hah... Thank you Captain Obvious! :eek:

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-19-2006 07:56 AM

yea, im a dimwit fyi. i just wanted something that would work for sure before i went and experiemented buying this and that. wondering if anyone had first hand experience with super glue and what they used to get rid of and how well it worked. as soon as i get the super glue residue off, it will look i tiny bit better.......now hopefully it doesn't rain tomorrow since i prob won't be able to ride this weekend.

MAD KAW 05-19-2006 08:00 AM

acetone will work...

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-19-2006 08:01 AM

i think super glue, epoxy, and duct tape will hold those cracks, if not i will go out and bolt a metal bar on it. but i think i should be alright, i'm glad i finally got a cover, the rotors and chain were rusting a bit.

BigRig18Wheeler 05-19-2006 08:16 AM

no! rust sux!! WD 40 works nicely for that..always spray b4 store..

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-19-2006 08:29 AM

yea i know, i got some wd 40 in the shed, now that i got a cover i'm putting it on tomorrow, i also bought chain lube tonight aswell. so tomorrow i'm gonna put the shield back on then get teh rust off, and i'll be set if it rains again. hopefully i can ride a bit tomorrow and practice sharp/small turns.

Steve Ninja Strombol 05-19-2006 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

acetone will work...
where can i find that, and how much?

BigRig18Wheeler 05-19-2006 10:07 AM

yea i know, i got some wd 40 in the shed, now that i got a cover i'm putting it on tomorrow, i also bought chain lube tonight aswell. so tomorrow i'm gonna put the shield back on then get teh rust off, and i'll be set if it rains again. hopefully i can ride a bit tomorrow and practice sharp/small turns.
when u use chain lube, make sure u clean chain good first, then spray lube, then let it sit for at least a 1/2 hour...i usually let mine sit over night.

walight01 05-19-2006 04:18 PM

everystate is alittle different but in my state goto the DMV and take a written multiple choice test and you are given a permit to ride a motorcycle during the day with a helmet and no passangers. Before this year you could just pay the 10 bucks and they would hand you a permit. then for the licience you either have to take a riding test or go to a free riding course and at the end of it they hand you a licience(bike and helmet are provided). If you wanted to rent a motorcyclce you definatly have to have a licience and not a permit. Also to get a motorcycle licience you must have a car drivers licience.

ZX12Rider 06-01-2006 08:05 PM

Hey haven't heard from ya in a while Steve - how are things going???????