Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

New Microtech Blade....

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:23 AM
Default New Microtech Blade....

This is my new everyday carry blade, along with my Microtech Assailant. I never bike without my knives for some reason. This new knife came with a sheath and I rode today with it on my belt , in the sheath. The MT Assailant is carried in my Microtech wallet that comes with the Assailant so it rides up front in my front pocket. The MT Amphibian rides in my front right pocket. Here is a picture of my new knife; the Microtech Amphibian!!!!

Name:  mt137-16.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  26.0 KB

Then there is always the ever trusty, always got it on ya, MT Assailant.
Name:  mt141-31.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  42.0 KB

Also, I got some dry bags to throw on the back of my Ninja.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:25 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New Microtech Blade....

We can tell your from tenn LOL

Old 09-18-2007, 04:31 AM

ORIGINAL: firstninjabike

We can tell your from tenn LOL

Hey brother, dont hate on Tennessee. I love it here. We have great laws that allow us to carry our guns and knives. Not to mention, we have GRRRREAT twisties to ride!!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 04:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh i know its nice over there. Im in NC. pretty much your next door nieghbor

Old 09-18-2007, 04:47 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

ive been thinking about picking up a knife. how do micro tech hold up agenst cold steel knives. i was planing on getting a cold steel knife.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:53 AM
1st Gear Member

I like that one line from "Shooter" where Marky Mark says "Welcome to Tennesee, the patron state of shooting stuff."

Old 09-18-2007, 06:20 AM

ORIGINAL: aszrael1266

ive been thinking about picking up a knife. how do micro tech hold up agenst cold steel knives. i was planing on getting a cold steel knife.
haha. Cold Steel. Being the knife nut i am, I chuckle at the comparison.. Its cool though because I know you arent familiar with the subject at hand. Lets just say this... If you posted that on Blade Forums, you'd be the laughing stock of the night. But its all good man. Let me answer your question like this...

Comparing Cold Steel to Microtech is like comparing Michael Jordon to my 8 year old cousin in his PeeWee basketball league. There is THAT big of a difference. Please keep in mind that if you decide to go the Microtech route, your entry level manual opening folder (what i got this afternoon) will run you at minimum, $219.99. That is just for a manual opener. Microtech is the world leader of switchblades, the out of the front shooting blades like you see on movies. Those run upwards of $500.00. I cant carry them legally in tennessee, so i dont even bother with them. (dont buy what you wont carry, IMO) The little Microtech Assailant i listed above (credit card knife) http://www.newgraham.com/detail.aspx?ID=6540 is my favorite knife and they run you about $65 bucks (very cheap price for a new one.) This knife is great because its ALWAYS on you. its small and you literally forget its on you. I would like to see you get a good blade, like a Microtech, but like i said you will pay for it. But in the end, you get what you pay for... As in anything. DO NOT get cold steel. I wouldnt take one if it were given to me. They claim that they are the best knife makers in the world, yada yada.... Its mall ninja stuff. Cheap and foreign made. If you want high quality AMERICAN made cutlery, check out Microtech. I ONLY buy from New Graham Knives, a family owned small businessman's Pharmacy in Bluefield VA. Kind people and the best prices online. period! I was there today. hats where i bought my new Microctech Amphibian.

Buy from these guys!!! Tell em Clark from Tennessee sent ya.

http://www.newgraham.com

the site is easy to navigate. Just click on any brand of knife on the left side and then see if it is in stock. Very good southern Christian people. I cant say enough nice things about them. Knives are addictive. Far more so than Bikes, thats for sure and I love bikes!!! You can use a knife for anything and everything. It was the very first thing that man created, a tool to cut things with. IMO, every man needs a good blade on him at all times. whatever and wherever you are, its always good to have a blade. Sorry for the rant.

Other good brands of knives to look at:
Spyderco (best bang for the buck)
Benchmade
Chris Reeves (EXTREMELY HIGH DOLLAR -5-600 dollar blades)

To the guy in NC - God bless the South and glad to be your neighbor!!!! You in Western Carolina by any chance?

Old 09-18-2007, 02:54 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I'm in CA. We don't have the most friendly of knife laws here [:'(]. I'll take a look at the microtech line

Old 09-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

cool blade...

Old 09-18-2007, 02:59 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hoedogg

cool blade...
+1

Quick Reply: New Microtech Blade....