Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

New Microtech Blade....

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New Microtech Blade....

ORIGINAL: m249c

First things first. I hate Florida. The Gators. BUT, they are good. We are young this year and its gonna be a long season for the Vols. My blood is Orange. Been that way since I was a boy with my Dad on the floor watching Tennessee play every Saturday. You have to be from Tennessee to understand how much we love Football, Firearms, Knives, Blondes, and Jack Daniels. Those are things that are essential to life here in Tennessee and I wouldnt have it ANY other way.

Boone, NC is right across the mountain from me!!! Great twisties up yonder.

Oh yea, and in Tennessee, we LOVE country music.

Yall look into Microtech Knives though. Best in the cutlery world as far as tactical knives go. You pay for it but man its worth it.

i know how the south roles just because i live in ohio doesnt mean im from ohio

Old 09-18-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Microtech makes a very hard steel blade 59-60 on the Rockwell scale is is pretty hard. Which is good if you are skilled at sharpening blades, it takes a light touch to put a fine edge on a blade that hard. I also notices that the blade to handle ratio is a little long on the handle side, there is no reason to have an inch of mass that doesn't have blade in it on a folder. Their fixed blade knives remind me of current production Gerber knives, not that that is a bad thing, but it ain't no Randell... I don't have any use for Cold Steel folders, but they do make good fixed blade knives. For a pocket knife I like anold Case knife, or one of my automatics.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:22 AM

ORIGINAL: aszrael1266

I dont' know much about knifes how long would a micro tech hold its edge for if used on a daily bassis?
Microtech states on their website... Edge retention is valued over all other things when these blades are made. So they will hold an edge for a long LONG time if you use it. The Automatics are awesome but if you are looking to get a MT blade, get one like I got, or a variant of it, they are incredulous folders. Some of the best on the market. AMAZINGLY tight lock-up when opened, and NO blade play AT ALL! Perfect for cutting, thrusting, slashing. These MT's do it all in style. I also think that the Microtech Assailant Credit Card knife is the perfect EDC blade. It comes with a wallet sheath and you can ALWAYS have an amazing little fixed blade on you with it. But for a folder, you cant go wrong with the Amphibian. I carry them both everywhere I go. Period. EVERYWHERE. (i dont go to court or fly often - unless its for the Army) So YES, EVERYWHERE.

zzrick - for me... I agree broziff! Except for me its KAWASAKI, MICROTECH, AND GLOCK. But Kimbers make some of the best 1911's I have ever shot fired or owned.