Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

new job, shop N all dat!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 06:51 AM
1st Gear Member
Talking new job, shop N all dat!!!!

yuppers. as alot of ya know, i've had it kinda rough these last few months with my license and jobs and all that.. after getting kicked while you're down soo many times, one starts to feel unworthy i guess you could say. i've always prided myself on obsequiosly doing what i have to do, no matter what. when i was an EE at "slavestone" (pavestone..lol) and i was working 17 hours a day or more, i did it. no whining or whatever.. ya, i vented every now and again, but then again, i had my shop, my electrical biz, and a 50K a year job, even tho it was demanding. after losing that job and the lease (how perfect..) simultaneously going up and finding myself literally homeless, i lost my girl after 2 awesome years.. ok.. another slap in the face.. deal with it.. get a machining job and now, the latest legal fiasco with driving on a suspended license (for an unpaid speeding ticket!) happens. a month and a half goes by whilst i was in jail, and i get out ready with a freshly forged game plan. still, tho, in the back of my mind feeling slightly like a piece of chit for letting myself fall like this. and hard.

as a few of you know from my post on kawispeed, i've gotten a job now at a shop called cycles by breeze, in martinsburg, Wv. now, i don't really like to brag. i get nothing out of it, but when it comes to tech stuff, i think you'll agree (hopefully? lol) that i'm usually right, or at least bring a good suggestion to the table..

well, i talked with the owner about workin with him on thursday. talked to him and his wife friday. i started saturday! and i kicked absolute *** there. during my little stint in the clink, my shop rent accrued to $375. all my tools and bikes were in ther and i couldn't get them.. feeling for me a bit, he and his wife advanced pay to me on the FIRST DAY to the tune of $400!!!!! and also raised my pay on that day another $20 for a wicked, above-and-beyond install of a fender eliminator on an 07 gixxer 1K. the customer was soo impressed that i soldered and heatshrinked everything to the point to where it looked factory, that his enthusiasm rubbed off on the bossman. those guys just about backflipped. i loved it, and finally had a feeling of worth, ya know..lol

that day, i had tackled a few problems on other bikes. a '95 6-R that wouldn't start, i had running in 30 min. a CBR900RR that wouldn't charge with new stator and reg/rect unit i fixed in 5 min.. a wire was loose, but barely noticeable. also showed the boss that fork seals don't need to take 2 hours, and the forks don't need to bee removed from the bike. i can do them in 15 minutes. he liked that, as well.. yesterday, started on an '87 GL1200 that needs a stator. that job is an 11 HOUR job. 1 hour for actual stator replacement. motor removal is quoted to take 5 hours. believe it or not, but i had it on the floor in 2.5 hours. absolutely hauled *** on it. he was astounded. honestly, i was too.. lol.. it really wasn't that bad. just alot of dumb little stuff on it to remove to yank the beast of a motor.

anyways... today.
so, now with advanced money in hand, i paid my back rent off in my shop, picked up all 4 of my bikes and took them to a warehouse that i store my stuff at. i've done electrical work for the warehousing company's president and part owner for 11 years, so, it's rent free!!.. (very fortunate and lucky to have that..) got my big toolbox at the new shop as well.

so i'm just really happy and all that i am finally getting back on my feet! all my stuff is safe and accessible, i have a job i love, and the boss has, in two days, made me his right hand man. he's made noise about branching off and getting another shop going, and i know he's got the capital and credit that i don't have to do it.. i've suggested a shop in Nc where i want to move and i think he's probably going to do it.. i'm guessing within the next year. i'll probably be part owner or at the very least shop manager there, and i just have a really good feeling that this is my ticket to makin big things happen. my work has always been uber meticulous, and i can't stress how perfect everything i do must be, and i think thats going to help out alot. even if i don't ultimately partner up with him, i can at least learn stuff i don't know yet and build a reputation as a premier tech and customizer. i already have a loyal customer base here from my last 4 years of my own bike shop, Trick N Track, and i feel with the high rate of business the new job has, i think this will work out well for everyone.

i dunno.. lengthy, i know.. sorry.. but i'm just crazy *** happy that just all of a sudden, i'm no longer getting kicked. instead, i'm kicking back!

i have all these goals now that don't seem so far out of reach and i have some long-awaited stability finally. i can fulfill my financial obligations to maryland and wv and get my friggin license back again so i don't feel like a 14 year old whenever i wanna go somewhere or do something.. lol
OH!! and get this!! i called the courthouse for maryland today, and i think they've made a miastake in the fines!! lol.. i KNOW i had $515 in fines, for 2-$258 fines for the driving with no license thing.. i also know i had a couple little oddball ones the cops gave me just to be tools. well, they said that i owe only 3 fines! i was floored.. i think the wrong data was entered, but i ain't sayin CHIT!! lol.. so, they said a $125.50, a $60., and a $133... thats what.. 310 i think? WAY less than what i had expected.. i'll get an actual list official from the courthouse tho printed out so if they say "HEY. you still owe yus!" i can revert back to the paperwork that they initially screwed up and hopefull fight it if need be. i just hope THAT doesn't happen..

it just seems like everythings going my way now. it's about dam time!! lol

so, ya.. good things are happening. i just really wanna thank all of ya's who have been there for me tho as well. Jeff (kawi750r) Ted (dragone19) Justin (pipedown) Shawn (zx14dreamz) and everyone else.. you guys are the greatest, and i love yas. worlok, kx, deej, vic, hoe, evil and everyone else here i haven't personally mentioned... every one of you guys have been the best man, and i can't possibly explain how proud i am to call ya's all my friend and family. you've been there (unlike my ex..lol) thru think and thin, even if you don't think you have.. and now finally things are lookin up, and it's just nice to have had the support and all that i think kept me going to even get to this point. some ppl would have sadly given up long ago with the first flurry of crap. i know life's bound to introduce trials and tribulations, but with you guys here, one can endure anything.
i love you KF'ers!!

Old 10-15-2008, 10:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow, my eyes hurt from reading all of that but I am really glad to see you up and runnin again. I always knew you were smart. Good luck in your new endever Bro!

Last edited by Worlok14; 10-15-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Good Stuff Whitey. I am glad to hear you are doing good man!! we are all cheering for you

Old 10-15-2008, 12:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Props man,,, Congrats and good luck with your new job,,,

I was just in martainsburg the other day wow it took my like 3 hours to get there jeesh

Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

right on man! glad to hear ya doing good.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Wow, in a time of uncertainty, its nice to hear about someone getting some breaks for a change. Congrats on everything. OH and P.S. I usually don't read long posts, but something kept me there until the end. We love you man!

Old 10-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

wow man, great to hear about your job..... glad things are coming around. Hey can you come fix my CB750? lol

Old 10-15-2008, 04:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Its just more proof you will not read in the papers about how good things can be; times are NOT that uncertain --Sorry Deej I'm not buyin' in to the negitative hype.

good for you WH keep up the good work !

Old 10-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Congrats, WH, good to see things picking up for you.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:56 PM
1st Gear Member

WOW MANZ!.......hope you find time to sell my bike with all that stuffs.....lolz

yes I know the drop dead zombie mode of working a dead beat job.....I have been at mine 21 years in FEB......one of the last production plants left in AMERICAN existance!!

in 88 we had 110 salary and 15o union hourly......now since being bought out 3 times we now have 150 people combined....lost a Machine shop to INDIA(the new Mexico)
had all our printed circuit work also framed out.....and I wanna puke when walking in every morning....

when you get my desk ready WHITEY let me know......

props on the good Carma finally........now sell my fuggin byke bitch!...

hugs!XOXOXOX

Quick Reply: new job, shop N all dat!!!!