Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 10:07 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Need help

Well, if this doesn't work I'm just going to give up. Since Nobrakes made a great sig for me, I have been trying to attach it and it just does not friggin work. I am normally a fairly patient person, and have been waiting for a fix, thinking it was just something to do with the new site software.
I have tried everthing and it is displayed below the signature box, but it will not load into the box when I click " save signature ".
I am getting ready to either shoot my computor, or simply go out and kill something. I have had the urge to go to a Harley bar and just thrash a bunch of Harley dudes just to get this out of my system. Then when they throw me in jail, I will kick all of the inmates asses that I can get ahold of.
I will then start thrashing the cops which will extend my stay. Will somebody bail me out when I finally go postal?
Or you could just help me figure this out!

signed...............sigless *****

Old 08-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

where are you hosting the sig pic at?

Old 08-08-2008, 01:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Well when you get it fixed go ahead and thrash some harleys anyway lol

Wish I could help but I have no clue

Old 08-08-2008, 04:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Jrock, your a big help dude.....LOL. I am hosting it from my computor, my pictures file which should work,.......right?

Old 08-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Worlock, I used my mod powers to update your signature to what I thought it should be. And then I went back and checked one of your posts, but the sig was not there. I wonder if you need to make a new post with the new signature in place?

At any rate, I put your signature setting back the way it was before I made any changes, so it should be back the way you had it.

I could be wrong, but I *think* you just add the [img] [/img] tag around the URL that references the image.

I wonder if maybe the sig I made is too big and it's just not showing up because of that? Maybe try a few smaller versions and see if either of these show up?

Old 08-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Ok, well I added your signature as my signature as a test and it let me do it and it showed up OK. I used the largest one.

Note that if you try to upload an image, it is limited by a size of 500x100 or a specific file size, otherwise it won't take it. But you can use a URL as I described above to pull it in, in between the [img] [/img] tags.

Maybe try just adding some text to your signature and make sure that shows up. Also, double check you have the "show your signature" set in the posts you make. That should be a checkbox below the text entry area of your post.