Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

My work got broken into... again.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My work got broken into... again.

Like I said before I would rather get car jacked in broad daylight than to have someone steal from me in the dark of night. How are they breaking in? Are they smashing a window? Why isn't the cash in a safe? You would think that after the 1st time some steps would be set into motion that would help to stop this kind of behavior, but what happened after each time? I mean come on, what kind of outfit gets robbed 4 times in that short of a time and lets it continue? I smell insurance fraud, but I don't want to judge. Sounds like you need a dog in the place at night, dogs are awesome in this situation.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:27 PM

Hey deej, you were just a member of a jury nothing more nothing less. LOL Step back, take a deep breath, it will be ok LOL Its ok.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gotrice

Hey deej, you were just a member of a jury nothing more nothing less. LOL Step back, take a deep breath, it will be ok LOL Its ok.
Not were, still am, heading back on Monday and then a few more days of testimony and deliberation, did anyone ever see either of the movies "12 Angry Men"? I hope it doesn't get that bad.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Yea that's the ticket, BRING ON THE DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

I don't think there is any criminal stupid enough to get near a couple of these.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Like I said before I would rather get car jacked in broad daylight than to have someone steal from me in the dark of night. How are they breaking in? Are they smashing a window? Why isn't the cash in a safe? You would think that after the 1st time some steps would be set into motion that would help to stop this kind of behavior, but what happened after each time? I mean come on, what kind of outfit gets robbed 4 times in that short of a time and lets it continue? I smell insurance fraud, but I don't want to judge. Sounds like you need a dog in the place at night, dogs are awesome in this situation.
Like I said above, it was the petty cash that got stolen. That's less than $200. We rarely do any cash sales, so keeping such a small amount of money in a big safe doesn't sound like a good investment to them. I've mentioned getting a safe to them before, but the high ups don't want to make the investment.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:43 PM
1st Gear Member

There are unlimited choices out there that don't break a budget. It sounds like they are just too lazy. I mean a wall safe behind a hinged painting....I'm just saying. If it was my business that got broke into it would have ended right there. A lot of places just don't want the hassle of getting the money out every morning. What about a good lockable desk. What's the skill level of the person or persons doing this? In other words is it a smash and grab, by some homeless guy or is it more professional job, that would determine what steps to take next. Anyway sorry to hear that stuff like that happens.[&:]

http://www.totalsecuritystore.com/pr...sp?sku=SENT015

http://www.totalsecuritystore.com/pr...sp?sku=SENT014

Old 03-03-2007, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Member

We'vetaken "some" steps into making the money harder to find ever since the other break-ins.The moneywas in a locked cash box, and that was in a locked desk drawer with the key hidden somewhere out of view. I thinkbecause ofhow the thief entered,it couldbe a customer, or someone who has been here before because they would've needed to know to get the lock rod undone on the outsidedoor they entered, something you can't see from the outside.

I can't explain why my company doesn't think it's necessary to take theextra steps into keepingour building secure, but it's not my decision to make.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:43 PM
1st Gear Member

jesus... buy a safe, install an alarm.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Hate to say it, but it could be an employee. I've worked in auto sales over 2 years and when stuff starts disappearing on a regular basis it can very well be an employee. We had a lot of thefts into our trade ins. Any type of aftermarket audio system would get stolen out of our trades. Well word goes around that a porter can get you ANYTHING for your car, quick talk to the guy, and he didn't know you're not allowed to take stuff out of trades. I call bull****, but I'm not a decision maker.

Pay someone to shoot on sight, woo!

Old 03-04-2007, 07:19 AM
1st Gear Member

It's crossed my mind, but I'm not for sure.

Quick Reply: My work got broken into... again.