Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Motorcycle riders in GA

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 03:49 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Motorcycle riders in GA

This is a rant so I figured this would be the appropriate place to post.

I am a noob yet I still know what road rash looks like and know that you need gear to be able to survive a really mean accident, or even a "minor" spill going 20 or 30. Just driving around in the car on the way to town I saw at least 10 people, 7 of which were wearing helmets. The 3 were "older" folks with no jacket, helmet, gloves. Of the 7, 5 of them were my age or younger, all wearing shorts and tennis shoes doing wheelies on a 2 lane country road, again no jacket or gloves. What the hell are these people thinking?!??! [:@]

Do they just think, "it won't happen to me" because if they ride long enough, the statistics are that it will happen. And no matter how "tough" some of them seem to think they are, in a battle of skin vs asphalt well asphalt always wins. And no matter how experienced they are or think they are anything could happen, anything.

It's just so sad and utterly stupid that these people are out there on these streets without any suitable protection. I just pray they get to their destinations safely and wise up soon.

Old 09-27-2005, 05:35 AM
Default RE: Motorcycle riders in GA

ok ok now i feel where you are coming from man. but i am one of those types that dont wear safety gear unless speed is gonna get over 80 or 90. and when i say gear i mean that i wear a helmet if gettin on the highway or i know speed gettin over 50 or so. as for gloves if i am gonna go one wheeling i will wear gloves and boots.. but if normal riding just gettin around then most time shorts and sandels. For some of us its not the fact of thinking we are not gonna hit the ground \\\\ cause i for one am a believer if you are gonna get on a bike that eventually you will go down at some point.. it may be a slow spill or then again Heaven forbid a highway spill. I think its a comfort thing it depends on how comfortable you are with the surroundings and your bike. hell this is just the way i feel. But to Gear up every time you ride ---To each their own-- ride my bike at least 2-4 hours a day and here in Texas we looking at 100+ degree in summer and let me tell you----Leather are to damn hot to wear. Got the mesh jacket but still to wear a jacket in summer. ...Sorry but you got to be Crazy i cant stand the heat but love the bike so much as to stay out of the air conditioned car. Any who thats just my 2 Cents Bro

Old 09-27-2005, 05:46 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Motorcycle riders in GA

I feel you on that, no worries. Georgia gets hawt like nothing I'd ever had in sunny San Diego. I mean, it's not like a dry heat like I'm used to, more like a sauna heat where you can cut the humidity with a knife. Blech [:'(]

I love my convertible but God help me when I'm stopped at a light....I can only imagine wearing full leathers in 100+ weather. Ever think of putting some ice in a ziploc and stuffing it inside your jacket? That's prob what I'll be doing soon, lol.