Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Memorial Day ....

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 08:55 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Memorial Day ....

Memorable quote from a school play:

Actual gay student: "Mr. Von Trapp, you are the only person in the neighborhood not flying the *** of the Third Reich!"

I'll be at work. I get 8 hours holiday pay, plus 1.5x hourly. And if I work overtime this week, I'll make more still. I'd rather be riding my dirt bike tomorrow instead. It'll probably still rain, like it has the past 5 days... SOB! I need my new tire put on!

Old 05-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hope everyone had a good weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice brian!
ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

My contribution:

I love the SOUTH!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 01:22 PM
1st Gear Member

With work and holiday pay, I'll be getting paid for 22 hours yesterday. I was bored and just went through the folders of old appliance and electronics manuals. Threw about 50 of them away because we've sold them, and I haven't even gone through the audio and receiver manuals, which are all shoved into a 4-drawer file cabinet. Lots of fun for today. I'll expect another 50 folders of junk I can't find products for!

Anyone missing a manual for their newer TV, washer/dryer, or receiver? Got some more cables, microfiber cloths, and other junk too.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Good pics FM, that started my week of right. I had a great weekend, got drunk a couple of times, got laid a bunch of times, and got into a drag race with a Harley V Rod. I stopped ata Harley hangout in Whitestown IN, just north of Indy to get a burger and a coke. the place was full of Harley people.
Of course I had my Helmet, ( full coverage ), and they were all staring at me probably wondering if I was totally crazy for wearing a helmet in Indiana.
When I was getting ready to leave I got a call and stood by my 14 for a while talking on the phone and was getting a lot of looks for the Harley people as I was the only sport bike rider in that entire town.
When I got off the phone, some of the Harley people gathered around me and my bike and was saying how mean my 14 looks and started commenting that so and so has a V Rod that would probably out run my 14.
I simply stated, In his wildest dreams! I heard one guy say, " hell my Dyna Wide Glide will out run that POS. I wanted to hit this guy real bad.
Then the guy with the V Rod walked over and everybody told him what I said. The guy actually laughed and said that no sport bike could ever touch his V Rod. I thought I was going to be sick. I started laughing and couldn't stop.
I told this guy that there is a dead straight road right out of town and that I would spot him 8 bike lengths and still smoke his ***. I also stated that I would bet him 500 dollars on the race.
Well all of the big bad Harley riders started getting their money together and planning the race. I think they were all pretty drunk because nobody in their right mind would take a bet like that, right?
I told them that I would hold the money or bets off. They gave me the 500bucks and we headed out of town.
We marked off a quarter mile and lined up. I didnt even do a burn out because I figured why waste good rubber on racing a Harley.
The guy dropped his arms and we took off and by around the halfway point I had pulled him and at the end of the quarter, I had taken the V Rod by around 6-8 bike lengths and really didn't run the 14 to it's full potential.
I just kept on riding! It was a truly beautiful thing. So I won 500 bucks just trying to get a burger and a coke and got to eat a V Rod for desert. I am still smiling 3 days later.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Awesome man, sounds like something outta the movie Wild Hogs.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, what was funny is that most of the lady harley riders were telling these guys things like, I dont know, those things are fast. And I don't beleive I would bet 500 dollars on that race. The ladies were smarter than the guys. It wasn't nearly as confrontational as the wild hogs. It was just a bunch of half drunk Harley riders that thought a V Rod is the worlds fastest motorcycle. But I really did want to hit that guy that called my bike a peice O ****. I was way outnumbered for that.