Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Universal Health Care. For or against?
For it!
29.41%
Against it!
64.71%
I'm just going with the flow..
5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

May I touch on a touchy subject here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 04:05 PM
1st Gear Member

One more thing... There's a reason people travel to the United States for medical care rather than Cuba.

M

Old 08-04-2009, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

I know what your saying Mike... and its a good point, but even like me with insurance or other people with medicaid and medicare, with a terminal Illness then your still going to get screwed over because staying healthy and getting cures is all about the money and thats not right.. And everyone knows someone that had a crappy situation,, Like cancer.. I just think its f-ed up that a man with medicare or insurance if you will gets diagnosed and goes through the crap thats just gonna kill them anyway, BUT if they had more money they could have fixed the problem if it was caught in time... So regardless Insurance or no your getting screwed. But if you have a car wreck like was said before with insurance and other stuff then they will take care of you cuase in the big picture thats just pennies compared to terminal illness.. but thats all my opinion and I really dont know much about this kinda of stuff its just my thoughts and theroys lol

Old 08-04-2009, 04:48 PM
1st Gear Member

The only reason I would go to Cuba is for the hookers!

Old 08-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

My experience is that "generalizing" only throws the baby out with the bath water; not all insurance companies, doctors, hospitals, etc. are irresponsible crooks, but it sure seems that way. I think Universal Healthcare tends to (generalize) and muddy the good with the bad, and it costs all of us in the long term. I've heard a statistic that 85% of the money each of us spend on our own personal healthcare, is spent in the last 3 years of our life. We spend our money on other things until we become sick, and THEN it becomes important. If we can keep government out, we'll be better off; maybe not healthier, but we already know several examples of mis-management in healthcare where the feds have gotten involved. (Social Security, Medicare, Bail-out funding, etc.) There are also examples of nationalized healthcare in other countries; Canada, for example, where the care is worse than in the US. I think there are some Scandinavian countries where the system works, but I can't recall which.
I think it's just one more program you can't, and maybe shouldn't, try to regulate on a huge scale. I'm not sure what the solution may be, but giving the Feds one more checkbook to mess up (and us pay for) isn't it.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:44 PM
1st Gear Member

If I ever get terminally ill, I am going to Cuba and die while banging Cuban hookers. I would rather spend my money that way, than give it to the money grubbin doctors!

Old 08-04-2009, 08:44 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't see Congress getting away with this attempt at nationalization of health care. Senior citizens are a solid voting block and they're already covered under a government plan. Besides they know that with a rationed government system that they will play 'second fiddle' to a much younger person needing an identical procedure.

Jeff pointed out that most money spent on health care is spent in the final few years of a persons life. So if we are looking into saving money on health care, guess where most of the savings can be found? This has seniors worried because there is some creepy "end of life" language being kicked around in this disasterous Bill.

Our population is growing older with fewer younger workers to support the care for so many older people. Health savings accounts are the only way to put the patient back in control of their health care.

M

Old 08-04-2009, 09:03 PM
1st Gear Member

...another thing about what has those costly old folks justifiably nervous about this bill:

"Will Europes workers, whose taxes must rise and whose retirements must be put off to subsidize the pensions and health care costs of this burgeoning aged population insist that the sick and senile elderly be kept alive?
The baby boomers of Europe may live to see their lives ended, without their consent, by a society that has turned as callous to their wish to stay alive as they were to the unborn in their own time. What goes around comes around".

Pat Buchanan: The Death of the West

Old 08-04-2009, 09:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14
If I ever get terminally ill, I am going to Cuba and die while banging Cuban hookers. I would rather spend my money that way, than give it to the money grubbin doctors!
Sounds great but unfortunately the money grubbin' politicians will get your money while you're well enough to bang the hookers and before you're sick enough for the money grubin' doctors to get their hands on it.

M

Old 08-04-2009, 10:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14
The only reason I would go to Cuba is for the hookers!
Deep Thoughts with Worlok14

Old 08-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Dude, I was with you until you quoted Pat Buchanan.

Quick Reply: May I touch on a touchy subject here?