Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Man this sucks.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Man this sucks.

Sad to hear people. But as mentioned, some people think that they do not need the extra assistance. Then again, assistance is not always available even when asked for.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:58 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm so sorry assrael... Things like this are always hard to get through ... I know it all too well.

You know, as I'm reading this thread it becomes clear to me that all bikers sooner or later will lose someone they know. As you guys are saying theres more novice riders over there then ever before - chances are we will hear stories like that all to often. Here where I live there's a similar rush of ppl who never even rode a scooter buying bikes (hey, I myself am a good example) - add to this roads which are not the best in the EU, roadrage, heavy traffic and you get masses of accidents where a motorcycle is involved. Recently there was a statystics out saying that only 15 % of them were caused by bikers themselves. Obviously taking course should be mandatory (it is over here), but unfortunately it won't save you from freak accident.

Stay safe.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Stories like this jolt you in to the reality of danger of riding. Last spring my son got his CBR and I wouldn't allow him to ride untill he went through the MSF course.(and he's been riding MotoCross for a couple of years) He has made me proud with his riding abilities and practices, but there is always a chance for something to go wrong.
He has several friends that are riding sport bikes that have had no training and are without licenses. You would think that you should have to show some proof of qualifications before you can even buy a bike. And shame on some of these parents for allowing there kids to be at such risk!
Sorry for your loss Asz. I just hope that these tradjedys wake others up and save others lives.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

There arebold riders, there are old riders, but there are no old bold riders.........

Sorry to hear this... Everytime you hit that starter button it could be your last.... not even from your own fault. Careful out there guys.