Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Kawasaki GPZ's and Vampires

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Default Kawasaki GPZ's and Vampires

I spent a few days hugging some corners in western North Carolina recently when I found myself totally out ridden by a group of female motorcyclists from Seattle. It seems the gang was not as they appeared. They wore patches on the backs of their dirty leather jackets that said they were Vampires, and the quickness they showed on those twisty roads had me believing they were the real thing.
This all began after a night of camping at High Country Motorcycle Camp, located deep inside the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina, I was up early to flip through some curves on what I hoped would be a deserted Blue Ridge Parkway. My 85 Eliminator is a poor curve carver; however it does stand up on the straight-aways.
After blitzing along one particular straightaway at 130 miles an hour, I began breaking for a sharp curve just in front of me on the right. Before the 500 hundred pound mass of metal between my legs dropped to 60 mpg, I was surrounded by six vintage red Kawasaki GPZ's. These are the super bikes from the 1980s that most riders have only heard rumors of. Their riders had long black greasy hair streaming backwards from under their helmets. I was just able to make out the vampire face on the back of their leather jackets before they slipped past me and out of sight.
Surprised by their quickness, I pulled back on the throttle of my big 900 cc eliminator, nearly crashing as I came out of the turn. I was able to catch up with the group in the next straightaway. Making eye contact with the group’s leader, a wink was enough to interest them in some conversation.
They told me their club travels to this remote area of the Smokey Mountains several times a year. The ride is used to initiate new members to the club and practice their riding skills. The leader invited me to join them in a future campout.
After the brief encounter, the girls quickly slipped back into their black helmets and leathers, mounted the vintage GPZ's and disappeared into the distance. Stupidly, I forget to get any contact information and a search of the Seattle area came up with nothing.
Even today I continue my search in this remote and gothic area of North Carolina, looking for their camp site, with the brief hope I will get just one more glimpse of those beautiful red GPZ Kawasaki’s. Let me know if you can help !
http://www.kittyhawkfreepress.com/ob...cyclenews.html

Old 08-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Kawasaki GPZ's and Vampires

welcome to KF. if i see them ill let you know....[sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 08-16-2006, 03:03 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

if i fint them, i will not share them [sm=badbadbad.gif]well mabey with dg.

Old 08-16-2006, 03:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Awww Evil were you talking about sharing with me????

Old 08-16-2006, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums....

http://www.vampiresmc.com/forums/

Old 08-16-2006, 04:42 AM

Hey, the biker campground with all the damn vampires is located at http://highcountrymotorcyclecamp.com/

Old 08-16-2006, 05:00 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DevilGirl

Awww Evil were you talking about sharing with me????

they listen to reverand and seem a tad bit rockabillish, not my thing. ill find us some hard core goth chicks.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:00 AM
1st Gear Member

HELLS YAH.[sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif] That is why I like you so much Evil. If I didn't have a boyfriend and you didn't have a woman...... LMAO

Old 08-16-2006, 06:03 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

wed be 2 weirdos talking dirty to each other over the innernet [sm=Awwww.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 08-16-2006, 06:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Uhh wait we already do that LMAO! ok not really.....but kinda...sorta...naw nevermind.

Quick Reply: Kawasaki GPZ's and Vampires