Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Just me, off the wall again

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default Just me, off the wall again

Got a batch of buff Orpinton eggs, first two hatched out today and they were black. hmm
Pulled the first few spuds from the garden, they were nice around 8" x 4"
Rhubarb, 3' stalks and tasty, the strawberries are next.
Turnips starting tothin outso have some 5" ones sitting in the fridge.
Horseradish is only 1'tall so will not harvest this year. Same with the artichokes.
The plumb orchard got hit with aphids, so will not produce this year. Most of the trees are young non the less.
Apple orchard looks pretty good for 4 year old trees. Same with the apricots and the peaches.
The wife brought home 3 mallard ducklings even afer my Tim Conway wtf serious look. hmm Guess that does not work. Not that I already have 15 Muscovy eggs in the incubator.

Now here is the serious portion. The county says that my house/property is cluttered, ie debris that needs cleaned up. No prob. Just give me the time to meet your expectations. They gave me two weeks. ( My foster parent license) I gave my wife the license. You know how cool it is to watch a chick emerge from an egg? Pretty darn cool with kids too. ok, I am abit bummed about giving up my license. Seen some great growth out of all the kids that we have raised. I am bummed

Old 07-07-2007, 02:49 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Just me, off the wall again

Some gobment pencil pusher trying to tell you what to do on your own property .... pffft.

I personally had the best luck growing hot peppers ... jalapeƱos and habaneros did the best for me. I'd bring several gallon zip lock bags into work at a time. They loved me there ... don't stray far from the water cooler, though. Those habaneros were HOT SOBs. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 07-07-2007, 02:59 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I love hot stuff. This year was not the best for me. Habaneros or Jalepenos

Old 07-07-2007, 05:13 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

That sucks, I think having a lot of stuff around only adds to the growth and learning of young minds. We bought an old farmhouse when I was a kid, and the guy that lived there before had owned log trucks and left all kinds of stuff there, and the guy before him was an electronics repairman and left all kinds of cool stuff, I bet I learned half of what I know from those 5 years growing up in that place. I took everything that I could find apart, I learned how to weld and use a torch before I got into Jr high school. Sorry man, we will be thinking of you. [:@]

Old 07-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Some gobment pencil pusher trying to tell you what to do on your own property .... pffft.
and that is how I feel. If kids have grown up and matured in my cluster lets say after they ( county) placed them, then what is the prob? Honestly, I hate backing out but I hate being scrutinized. So I have race bikes and karts? So I have a mess during construction for my shop? Guess that the kids that the county has will not grow up here. They do not need me. Of course, am still bummed after being called dad after only 9 kids.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Hey sounds like some good eating there and 3 malards for the pot next year too thanks to the wifey

Old 07-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, I mentioned the same concerning the ducks. I recieved that evil eyed look from the wife.