Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Journeys new lead singer, a little philipino dude?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 10:43 PM
1st Gear Member

That was actually rather impressive... bout time they found someone who sounded right... the guy they had when they opened for Def Leppard in Chicago a few years ago was absolutely horrible.

Oh - and the nay-sayers on here can BITE IT You look and sound like an idiot making ignorant comments like that. In the words of the lead singer of Finger 11 - "without them, there wouldn't be us". Most of the top bands of the last 15 years would say the same.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:58 AM
1st Gear Member

WOW! That guy does Steve Perry better than Steve Perry can. Especially live. Journey practically invented the modern rock ballad. What a great band. I'm glad they're still around.

For the most part modern rock has lost the art of the rock ballad and has instead traded it in for musings of suicide and self pity. A few examlpes of this would be "Hate Me" by Blue October, "Animal I Have Become" by Three Days Grace and countless Nirvana songs. That only scratches the surface. Although I own a some Nirvana albums, they ushered modern rock into a new era of fear and self loathing which plagues rock music to this very day. It's no wonder why rock music is 'on a respirator'.

Rock used to be about power and rebellion against authority. Remember "We're Not Gonna Take it" by Twisted Sister and "Get in the Ring" by Guns -N- Roses and "Step Down" by Sick of it All? Now it's been maligned to a "poor me" message. Sickening.

Mike