Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I've got to stop this....

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:43 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I've got to stop this....

Aszrael's right, five years ago I'd have killed myself. Now I'll only push myself so far on public roads; theres too much you can't account for. When I get on a track maybe things will be different. I'll push it as far as possible.

I turned 25 on March 13th

Old 09-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I do not care how old a person is. Control is the key and is/has been an issue with me (I am over 40). That is why I started racing in '90. Get the rush pretty much out of your system then go ride on the streets at 75% throttle. I still have a tough time with the control factor. Shooting for 200mph this year!

Old 09-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

take it to the track.........

Old 09-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Speed is addicting yes but if yo udon't know how much speed is to much can be deadly. Niklucas what part of Poland are you in. I was in Poznan for a few weeks on a Military training excersis a while back. I know the roads can be pretty curvey but also filled with some livestock as well. Be carfull out there

Old 09-01-2007, 02:39 PM
1st Gear Member

itll be ok your just learnin the ways of the dark side its all good

Old 09-01-2007, 11:11 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigO

Speed is addicting yes but if yo udon't know how much speed is to much can be deadly. Niklucas what part of Poland are you in. I was in Poznan for a few weeks on a Military training excersis a while back. I know the roads can be pretty curvey but also filled with some livestock as well. Be carfull out there
lol, if your military training excercises took you to countryside back roads you might have indeed come across some livestock but I think more immediate danger is the people in cars cutting in front of you in traffic - like that dumb f*** today, who almost pushed me off the road on the roundabout. I'm in Krakow, it's a city to the south, near mountains, quite a nice spot. Oh heck, I'll post some pics for ya:

Market Square

One of the city gates

Royal Castle

View towards St. Mary's church

Castle overlookingavalley leading toKrakow (also one of Royal retreats)

Tatra Mountains (about 60 miles south of Krakow)

There is quite a lot of places to go to on a bike, problem is the weather is a bi*ch, from november to march its cold and rains all the time.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:20 PM
1st Gear Member

speed is addicting but there can be consequences. i need a radar detector on my bike..

Old 09-02-2007, 12:21 AM
1st Gear Member

nice place it looks beautiful over there

Old 09-02-2007, 02:28 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Nice pics

Old 09-04-2007, 06:04 AM
1st Gear Member

at those speeds - a radar detector isn't going to do squat, even if you could hear it. If you are doing 10 or 20 over - thats one thing - but as most rocket riders are approaching the century mark or higher when they "get that lovin feelin" - it will be too late. By the time you shut it down - you will have already been gunned at "Reckless" speed (25 over in most states) - and you will likely get your bike impounded and have to get bailed out of the small, cold room - should you have decided to stop - in which case - the detector did you no good. The other side of the coin is that you didn't stop - and you ran and didn't get caught. Again - the detector did you no good. Further still is that you ran in the wrong place and got cornered - and now not only do you have the Reckless situation, but also Felony Evasion. A lot of good that detector did you there. Of course the worse scenario is that you ran, over-extended your abilities, or got trapped in too small of a space by other traffic, roads, or the cops - at too high of a speed, and ended up wrecking and either seriously hurt yourself or got yourself killed. Again - no use for the detector.

In each case - if you aren't going with the flow of traffic - chances are you are doing a buck or more, and no radar detector in the world is gonna help you. Save the money and use it for either bail or ticket payments.

$.02

Quick Reply: I've got to stop this....