Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I've got to stop this....

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 11:31 PM
1st Gear Member
Default I've got to stop this....

...and go take iteasy. For the last month or so I've been learning that speed indeed is intoxicating - first riding on my bike, to get the feel of things, then I borrowed an R6 from a friend.

How do you resist it, people? I mean each time I open the throttle harder I just want to go faster and faster; in the beginningthere is this thought at the back of my head that I might kill myself, but once I feel thekick I don't care anymore - is it just me having couple screws loose or is it what happens to you when you start riding a bike?

Old 08-31-2007, 11:36 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I've got to stop this....

hahaha, a never ending control story bro! trust us.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:59 PM
1st Gear Member

The death rate is still the same... One per customer.I don't know anyone who doesn't uncork it every once inwhile. You just gotta use good judgment on the when, and where of it.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

its hard but you gotta use your headand when the times right, WFO !

Old 09-01-2007, 12:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Shinobi is exactly right

Old 09-01-2007, 02:08 AM

I'm no psychiatrist anddon't have a medical degree but I see nothing abnormal in your reaction to bike riding andnothing to suggest you suffer from any type of mental illness(no screws loose). That's my diagnosis.

I'mjust careful about finding open roads withouttraffic on them to really open her up, otherwise I actually usually pretty much gowith the flow, which around here often seems to be about 15-20 mph over the speed limit in the slow lane(I sure wasn't gaining any ground on the traffic ahead of me andin the lanesto the left of me coming home on the interstate the other night). Gone any slower and I'd've been run over from behind and be a piece flattened highway roadkill.

Old 09-01-2007, 03:04 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

that is the bigest reason in glad i started riding just recently. im pretty sure if i had goten my bike when i was 18-23 i would have killed my self. it takes self control to keep your right hand in check. a little fear goes a long way also. it never fails once you get comfortable you start to get cocky then thats when you have youe oh **** moment that puts you in check. I had a really big oh **** moment when i first put the new sprockets on the bike. i almost fliped the bike over getting on the gas in first gear. Since then i have never gone wide open in first gear. i guess its my brain trying to keep it self alive but i cant get my hand to go wide open in first. i can count the times ive gone wide open in second gear on one hand. im not saying ive never hit redline i just never twisted the throttle open 100%. diffrent things work for diffrent people as far keeping your self in check. for me i just think about my friends and family and it keeps me from going all out when i ride.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Once you wake up in the morning, you arent safe. The only thing you can do is try to minimize your risk throughout the day. Riding has inherent risks, but that doesnt mean it can't be safe. Gear up and ride responsibly (and for the record "responsibly" does not prohibit you from exploring the capabilities of your machine just dont do it where it would cause undue danger to yourself or others)

Old 09-01-2007, 05:55 AM
1st Gear Member

otherwise you will be like that guy inthe other thread and wind up in jail for three years. but what you are experiencing is normal or maybe to "normal people" its abnormal but to all of us its normal just use your head its why its on your shoulders

Old 09-01-2007, 07:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Thats what I figure, it's the same story with a car - no wonder you have higher insurance rates until you're 25. Might be unfair for some, but there is a reason for it, thats for sure, heh

Quick Reply: I've got to stop this....